Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:14 pm

Forum rules

. please keep questions related to an OpenSimulator and OSgrid nature.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: How to load multiple oars on a VarRegion?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:36 pm 
Furious Typer

I am running a VarRegion that is 768 by 768.
My question is, and i know i have already done a search.
There doesnt seem to be any step by step guides for loading multiple oars in a varregion.
This is what i am attempting to load:
http://militarymetaverse.org/?page_id=519
The Atropia 9 oars into a varregion.
They do include a map for use in a megaregion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this.

Post subject: Re: How to load multiple oars on a VarRegion?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:50 pm 
Furious Typer

Ok here is my advice. First make sure you have good backups of the oars you are going to merge into the var region. Then I prepare a region.ini file with with the proper size indicated. If you are placing your new var on top of where you had standard regions, after they are backed up. Use the console to Change to each of those regions, and issue the "delete-region <name of region>". This will remove those instances from the database and give you a clean slate. Then set your general height of your var region with the command "terrain fill <height>". If you want water to surround things then use from 0 to 17 for instance to have water. Higher if you want all land.

If you are only merging one standard region then you can just use the console. But I have a terrible problem myself in typing in long paths in the console, I keep making little mistakes. To help avoid that and speed things up if you have multiple regions I would suggest using a script like this one which I wrote. You would issue a command like this to run the script: "command-script c:\opensim\backups\merge.txt" in the opensim console.

Code:
;change region <var region name>
load oar --merge --displacement "<0,0,0>" --force-terrain c:\open-sim\backups\oar\austeria6.tar.gz

load oar --merge --displacement "<0,256,0>" --force-terrain c:\open-sim\backups\oar\austeria7.tar.gz

load oar --merge --displacement "<0,512,0>" --force-terrain c:\open-sim\backups\oar\austeria8.tar.gz

load oar --merge --displacement "<256,0,0>" --force-terrain c:\open-sim2\backups\oar\austeria9.tar.gz

load oar --merge --displacement "<256,256,0>" --force-terrain c:\open-sim2\backups\oar\LK-TikiSummer.tar.gz

load oar --merge --displacement "<256,512,0>" --force-terrain c:\open-sim2\backups\oar\aleim.tar.gz

load oar --merge --displacement "<512,0,0>" --force-terrain c:\open-sim2\backups\oar\austeriasea1.gz

load oar --merge --displacement "<512,256,0>" --force-terrain c:\open-sim\backups\oar\radyer.tar.gz

load oar --merge --displacement "<512,512,0>" --force-terrain c:\open-sim\backups\oar\rothgar.tar.gz

;load oar --merge --displacement "<X-value,y-value,0>" --force-terrain <path to backed up oar file and its name>

And to make sure that the correct values are entered for the displacements you can use this chart which I prepared for that purpose:

Hopefully this will be of help.

Last edited by albertlr Landar on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:49 am 
Furious Typer

Great Tutural Albertlr!

Kahn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:07 am 
Furious Typer

Thank you, just exactly what i needed to know.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:41 am 
Furious Typer

Thank you for all of the help on this.
And for anyone interested in the MOSES project after getting all nine regions loaded into a single VarRegion.
Decided to share the single download and install of this VarRegion with anyone that is interested.
This can be downloaded from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0LJbU ... sp=sharing
Any and all information, as well as licensing is located on their site here: http://militarymetaverse.org/?page_id=519

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:08 pm 
Furious Typer

Will this work for "save oar"? I want to save a section of a Var region.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:37 pm 

This is great information. Thank you. One thing, I think Albertler and I share a bit of dyslexia. His chart should read from the South west. Drove me bat shit until I figured that out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:16 pm 
Furious Typer

Yea you are correct it should be SW not SE. Since I live in the SE in the real would, I tend to get confused anywhere else. But I have corrected the chart accordingly, thanks for pointing that out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:03 pm 

I did all that and everything looks fine but my avatar cannot leave the 256x256 area in the SW. Also if I land I sink thru the ground and am walking on water. I am using FireStorm. I can tp away and come back but only to the SW corner.
Thanks,
Kit Young

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

kit, Vars need to use BulletSim, trying to use ODE physics on a var will cause this.

dan

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next