Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:14 am

Forum rules

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Failed to log in
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:33 am 

Hi everyone,

I've not logged to the grid for several months and now I can't login with Imprudence or Hippo. A message says: "Login Failed. The inventory service is not responding. Please notify your login region operator".

I can login into the web and forums but I can't empty trash (it shows "Wrong number of Trash folders. I'm confused.")

Any clue? is there any way to fix the inventory? i have no IAR files.. Help please....

Post subject: Re: Failed to log in
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:03 am 
Site Admin

This happened to somebody else recently so your not alone.. When Neb sees this post he is sure to fix it for you too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:14 am 

Sarah Kline wrote:
This happened to somebody else recently so your not alone.. When Neb sees this post he is sure to fix it for you too.

Thanks, I noticed. It seems like it hitting pretty hard too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:34 pm 

Ok, I hope this gets fixed soon. I had a lot of work on my avatar that would take months , to a year to complete.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:54 am 

I found this post searching for the term "Wrong number of Trash folders. I'm confused." I believe mine may be due to running my own region from home and also having regions run by a hosting company. But, I am not sure. All I know is that I am unable to empty my trash from the OSGrid website and was hoping I could find a resolution by starting here. I am still a "noob" with some things here in OSGrid, but learning quickly...thanks for any assistance. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:03 am 
OSG Elite

Please send a Private Message via the forum Nebadon Izumi so he can help you. That meassge very likely means some mess within grid DB(in table inventoryfolders). It is something what you can't fix without an admin.

Thanks, Bo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:46 am 

I still have the same ongoing issue that I have messaged several admins about. I have yet to receive a response. I understand everyone volunteers their time to assist with OSGrid and I thank you. But, I am having issues to the point where my viewer is crashing everytime I attempt to delete something. When I try to "Empty AV Trash" I still get this same error..."Wrong number of Trash folders. I'm confused." All of my other efforts have failed including PM'ing admins and posting here in the forums. Is there anyone that can assist me?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:58 am 
OSG Elite

Sorry to hear that. Frankly, operations like this means manually map your inventory folders within the DB and are slow because you can't afford to do any mistake. One typo in that kind of queries means high risk for many inventory items.

Maybe would be best crate an new avatar and transfer assets there via IAR?

Thanks, Bo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:40 pm 

Is there anyway after I transfer inventory to delete the avatar and reregister the same name? That is the name I have had on second life and I am quite fond of it... :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:44 am 
OSG Elite

I think they could purge your inventory safely if you backup it via IAR.
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Inventory_Archives.

Only you need is get an alt and load that IAR into it's inventory to see if the multiple trash error is not being transferred via IAR.

With purge i mean delete all and re-create empty folder structure. This could (theoretically) save them a lot of work. Try to get ready and ask them for this less time consuming task, please.

Bo

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next