Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:18 am

Forum rules

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: OSGrid Homesteading
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:05 pm 

OSGrid is proud to announce that the "Sandbox Yang" region is now available for homesteading.
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homestead_principle)

Available parcels are 1024m in size.

Interested parties should join #osgrid on the Freenode IRC network and let Ckrinke know of your intent to homestead a parcel. Homesteaders are encouraged to use their land for themed, community-related builds; and are also encouraged to release their builds via a liberal license (BSD/GPL/CreativeCommons/etc).

Post subject: Re: OSGrid Homesteading
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm 

yay, home!

marked off my parcel as per our discussion :)

Post subject: Re: OSGrid Homesteading: Grid Museum Plot
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

I've dropped a few few touch-driven prims over next door to Krisbfunk in the corner of Sandbox Yang, stating my intent to get a grid museum going over there. I'd like comments, suggestions, materials, help building and scripting it, you name it.

Drop by and touch the prims and see what they tell you, then come reply to this post.

Cheers!
:ugeek:

REDUX:

Gonna do this at lbsa plaza instead. Look for the info prims over there. The rest of this post still applies.

Cheers!
:ugeek:

Post subject: Additional Public Lands
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

As you may know, OSGrid is an organization that provides potential region operators a place to hitch up their regions alongside other regions (even if not necesarily geographically adjacent). For our purposes, this means that the regions on a grid share at minimum User Authentication and Region Authentication services, and potentially Asset and Inventory backend services as well, depending on how the region server in question is configured.OSGrid actually only hosts two regions directly at present; the two plazas, Wright and LBSA (named for the IRC nicks of two of OpenSim's core developers). All other regions are independently hosted. Consequently, offers of homestead lands are extended by region owners if not region operators.

That being said, I'd like to post notice of some additional public lands, hosted on my region server, though they are not necesarily homestead land in the traditional sense.

Los Altos:

Is a public sandbox. There is much we dont have working on OSGrid yet, and one simple thing is the ability to return objects. Therefore it is in our best interest to encourage the landless, the new to the scene, and the experimenter to employ sandboxes for their practice, in order to keep the mess localized for cleanup. It also provides this class of user the opportunity to have a 'safe haven' to localize in as s/he learns the ropes, so to speak ;)

Mt. Semeru:

Is a full region buddhist temple modelled loosely on Borobodur in Indonesia. If you need a quiet place to sit and reflect on the universe, or maybe just your own navel (they are the same thing, you know), then feel free to drop in and stay for all eternity or just a few mins. If you are a practioner of the way or one of the learned sangha, I would love to hear from you as I am but a lay practioner and need much help with this project.

Nexus Prime:

Is a lot of things. First of all it's my own take on the cyberpunk city of the future as found in SL on the mainland near Ahern; it's also a tip of the hat to those folks who built it, and those who reside there. It is in that spirit that I put this place on the map. If any of you out there are current rezzies or founders of the original, or even just fans thereof, I'd be delighted to have you come aboard and take a hand in this project. Ultimately the goal is to have a very technically and/or artistically adept community in residence here.

Cetacea:

A water sim, with vehicular watersports in mind for the future. Currently it's a watering hole ;p
Look for "Hiro's Last Resort" if you are interested in swapping lies, shooting the breeze, or spreading rumors.

If you are interested in getting involved in any of these projects or have an idea for other projects I could facillitate, please reply to this thread or IM me in-world.

Cheers!
Hiro

scours the earth for prayers
The night obscures them

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:27 pm 

All set up! Thanks so much ^_^

Chocolate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:12 pm 

Is it possible for sandbox Yang to be cleaned up a little of the random prims etc? since it's a homestead land and all now.. there a lot of randoms there.. or better yet, is it cool if i do it?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:38 pm 

Please feel free to build on Yang and enjoy. The best builds would be those that are of community interest. It would be really neat if Yang became an extension of our welcome area on Wright Plaza. It would be best to limit the size of plots to 4096m or less and leave room for others to follow as they discover OSGrid and help build our community.

It has been great seeing our community evolve as regions (193 and counting) are added to the grid by individuals. All are welcome and it is a pleasure to tour the regions and see a new metaverse take shape.

Charles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:41 pm 

Hello everyone-
I was hoping one of you can help me. I am trying to secure some land to use for my undergrad students. We would like to build a virtual theatre space, a black box theater if you will, starting in the Fall Semester. Would it be possible to find some homestead land to do this on? Many thanks for any and all help- Annabelle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:39 am 
Site Admin

Hello Annabelle!

Yes, more than possible :D

There are several folks with homestead land available. There is even a plaza which is so purposed, but it is for the most part pre-built, and might not fit your needs at all.

I personally have some homestead land available, but am looking at a big nasty tropical storm/cat I hurricane by this time tomorrow, so I cant promise to be online for the immediate future (barring death or forced relocation I'll be back promptly though ;)

Probably the best thing to do is to hit IRC with something like chatzilla on the FreeNode IRC network, and join #opensim or #osgrid and ask around - you will find many there ready and willing to facillitate you in every way possible.

Wish me luck with the weather, I may need it ;)

Cheers!
Hiro

scours the earth for prayers
The night obscures them

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:32 am 

Hiro Protagonist wrote:
I personally have some homestead land available, but am looking at a big nasty tropical storm/cat I hurricane by this time tomorrow, so I cant promise to be online for the immediate future (barring death or forced relocation I'll be back promptly though

Yikes! Outlook doesn't look any better this morning.
Thoughts and prayers go out to ya Hiro, wish you well in battling this monster of nature.

Stay dry :)

PocoLoco

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next