Forum rules

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 9   [ 84 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Places you can post positive statements about OSGrid
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:49 pm 
OSG Elite

Vanish Firecaster wrote:
Walter Balazic wrote:
Nobody said to disrupt a group. I said "shut down the negativity" being slung at our community.

Okay, so... how are we going to do that?

Go out and when you see a negative or incorrect post about the grid. Post the "right" information. More importantly, and something we haven't done much of... start posting around about all the GREAT stuff here in OSGrid. Neb put out a G+ for this grid and none of us really uses it. We should. Let's start talking about all the great stuff here on this grid so THAT is what people see. It will take away from all the negative out there (or I hope anyway).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:00 pm 

Here is the link to OSgrid Google+ community page

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106363483694315007534

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:15 pm 

Sorry guys, but that's just weird. "Go forth and tell the world about the great OSGrid" doesn't sound like a good PR strategy, even if it wasn't supposed to be one. It sounds more like something some weird death cult would do.

If there's anything great about OSGrid, I do write about that, and have done so numerous times in the past. But trying to "silence" dissent by talking unrelated and somewhat forced "good" things about the grid is more like a three-headed monkey.

The Sleep my destination

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:33 pm 
OSG Elite

Vanish Firecaster wrote:
Sorry guys, but that's just weird. "Go forth and tell the world about the great OSGrid" doesn't sound like a good PR strategy, even if it wasn't supposed to be one. It sounds more like something some weird death cult would do.

If there's anything great about OSGrid, I do write about that, and have done so numerous times in the past. But trying to "silence" dissent by talking unrelated and somewhat forced "good" things about the grid is more like a three-headed monkey.

If you like the place then it shouldn't be forced. Fact is people who are negative about here are talking ALOT... Is there anything wrong with asking people who may not normally think to post "good" things they have going on here to post those things in some more visible places? And also what's wrong with asking people to tell "the truth" about things when they see something that is obviously incorrect, or worse yet, a boldface lie.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:38 pm 
Furious Typer

From Void Pipe

Quote:
Well, to me all this turbulence is totally impossible to understand.

For me there is no alternative to OSGrid... period.

I could not of said it better.

OsGrid is my home and will be as long as I'm aloud to be here. So many nice people have helped me establish myself in this great community. So many people contribute in some way or other to making it a better place. OsGrid lets you be all that you want and can be in this VW. It's a world where you can build dreams and activate them. It can be your time alone while creating, or it can be your time with others sharing wonderful moments. It can be whatever you want it to be.

I read some of the forums going on right now about all this "turbulence" and i'm just amazed at what people are saying. Some of us will form opinions on what is written and who wrote it. To be honest, some I have met and reading what you say makes me regret it. A lot of you I hope to never meet and if ever I have the displeasure of crossing path with you, I will just ignore you. A lot of you are not going to the source of what is being said, and you are being mislead. If you develop bad opinions about OsGrid without checking the real story, then you become responsible for whatever happens to you.

We all agree that behind the avatar is a real person ... right? Are we forgetting this??

In real, if I ever met someone over 20 years old talking to me like a 5 years old, what do you think my reaction would be? Either that person is very mentally challenged or that person is just a sicko. If that person is mentally challenged, then I guess my patience and understanding would kick in. But if that person is a sicko? What am I suppose to do? Maybe I should think ... ooOOoo this is ok because it is being done in VW. Give me a break.

To me, there is absolutely no place for a child avatar in VW, unlesss that is a real child behind the avatar, with it's real parents by it's side. I don't care what the reason is for role playing a child avatar. To me, that is just sick. If you are a child avatar having any kind of sexual relationship in VW, that is way past sick. I thought our society was dead against pedophiles of any kind. Is someone saying to me that it's ok to be THAT in OsGrid?

Since we are not suppose to forget that behind the avatar is a real person, why are some saying we should forget this when meeting some older person playing a child? Are you kidding me?

I for one, support Hiro wholeheartedly. I support his team. All that is being done lately is to make things better in OS. I support child avatars being banned from the OS Plazas.

Thank you Walter
I love OsGrid and I'm greateful someone is standing up for those of us that have positive things to say about our community.

Selea

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:45 pm 

Walter Balazic wrote:
If you like the place then it shouldn't be forced.
Well, I like A&W's. That doesn't mean I keep writing and talking about it everywhere I go. I even like Roxette, and I have never told anyone about that. So yeah, being told to talk positive about it is forced, whether I feel positive about it or not.

Walter Balazic wrote:
Fact is people who are negative about here are talking ALOT... Is there anything wrong with asking people who may not normally think to post "good" things they have going on here to post those things in some more visible places?
Yes, there is. People have not always talked negative about OSGrid. Even many of the people who talk negative now haven't always talked negative about OSGrid. From where I'm standing, there seem to be reasons for the negative talk, and I think these reasons need to be adressed. They cannot just be "silenced" by some good-timey talk. That would be a ruse, and an obvious one.

Walter Balazic wrote:
And also what's wrong with asking people to tell "the truth" about things when they see something that is obviously incorrect, or worse yet, a boldface lie.
Well, the thing with the truth is that it's kinda the same as with an opinion. Everyone has one.

The Sleep my destination

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:57 pm 

Void Pipe wrote:
Well, to me all this turbulence is totally impossible to understand.

For me there is no alternative to OSGrid... period.
<snip for brevity only>
I find the thought of a non commercial community with independent sims interconnected... is such a beautiful thought...

That is just what OSGrid is about!

Void, my friend, I could not agree more! When I first came to OSgrid, fresh out of SL, I wasn't quite sure this Brave New World cum WILD WEST FRONTIER of the Metaverse was for me. Where were the STORES? Where were the PEOPLE? WHERE were the SHOES, for heaven's sake??!!! :o :o That virtual culture shock lasted all of about a day, when I realized what I'd actually "left behind in SL" with those fancy stores, and so many people who, instead of playing happily together in a virtual environment where they could escape the pettiness, and snarkiness of RL, have instead recreated these things in grossly exaggerated form in their virtual lives (with apologies to the true friends I made there, the most important of whom have found their way to OSgrid as well). Suddenly I found myself in a land where people were far too busy building and creating to be bothered with drama. In that one day I realized what had gained, in trade (which is a funny term to use considering the amount of money I was blowing in SL paying tier and keeping up with the Joneses) - wonderful, kind, helpful friends, PRIMS (think Uncle Scrooge, high on the number of coins he has, tossing them in the air out of sheer gluttony....that's me. With prims! :) ), peace, total freedom, an appreciation of the fact that what I "need" and what I thought I needed are two totally different things, and the biggest surprise and blessing of all, a whole community of people who are not only KIND and FRIENDLY, but who SHARE, willingly, and offer help and support at every turn. I was, and continue to be, humbled by the generosity of heart and willingness to share freely that I have found in OSgrid. It pains me to read blogs lately that totally mischaracterize both the grid and specific people here. I know this grid, and appreciate all it offers. I know these people, and appreciate each and every one of them. And you know, if there are people who choose to believe the worst, then the loss is theirs. May they live long and prosper in whatever grid supports what is important to them. My Control-Shift-H will always be in OSgrid. Where we are ALL "Jones".

Arya
------------
Don't anthropomorphize your Mac. They hate that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:02 pm 
Furious Typer

Are you really that tone deaf or just trolling. I think Walt is asking for some positive feedback for what appears to sea of negativity and your arguing semantics as if your aloofness was so charming to the masses.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:14 pm 

Selea Core wrote:

To me, there is absolutely no place for a child avatar in VW, unlesss that is a real child behind the avatar, with it's real parents by it's side. I don't care what the reason is for role playing a child avatar.
<snip for brevity>
I for one, support Hiro wholeheartedly. I support his team. All that is being done lately is to make things better in OS. I support child avatars being banned from the OS Plazas.

Thank you Walter
I love OsGrid and I'm greateful someone is standing up for those of us that have positive things to say about our community.

Selea

Well said, Selea, on all counts! Walter, Hiro and the others need to keep in mind that as in RL, they were mostly hearing from the very vocal minority....but there are a LOT of other people who support them and appreciate what they are doing and planning for OSgrid.

And one of the things I was glad to leave behind in SL was being badgered by lollipop-licking, Public Chat hogging, giggling and generally obnoxious child avatars. 'nuff said on that....

There is always something to appreciate in every person and situation. Maybe that's the value of this dust-up....to make us all appreciate what we've got, and work together to make it even better.

Arya
-----------
Don't anthropomorphize your Mac. They hate that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:32 am 
OSG Elite

Just so everyone understands... The "perception" of OSGrid is what people in the public read. This forum although it is open is NOT what people generally see when they look for an Opensimulator grid to visit. They type "opensimulator" and get generic opensimulator blogs to look at to see what is available. Allow me to post here something I just saw. And let me make clear that I don't find this post "particularly" negative, I want everyone to pay close attention to the red line. This is from the Opensim VW G+ account posted by Talla Adam:

I have this really good blog article I wrote and re-wrote more than once but I feel intimidated that if I post it I will be accused of fanning the flames. I think it is objective but even though I say both positive and negative things about OSgrid leadership I rather expect it will be the negative things that stand out for them. I think there is only a relatively small number of people supporting Hiro even though he would claim more and the opposition is probably no bigger really. Trouble is Hiro and his supporters probably feel they are now under siege and once siege mentality sets in attitudes become hardened. Not much hope in that atmosphere.

Would you all say that's accurate? Is it really a "relatively small number of people" that support Hiro? That's not what I've seen, but that's the perception. And at the moment, Hiro is the voice/face of OSGrid. I've simply asked everyone to show that it is in fact NOT a "relatively small number of people" that support Hiro and the OSGrid's administration team for the decisions they make.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 9   [ 84 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next