Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:17 am

Forum rules

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Free Roaming birds and fish needed.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:28 am 
Furious Typer

While I can't use opensim to it's fullest because of my server went belly up, I had to 'borrow' a friends spare workstation PC and installed WUBI Ubuntu, mysql and mono on it temporarily, anyway, I've been looking for some free roaming fish and birds for my 2560m2 ocean sim, I have seen some so called 'animated' but all they are is just a prim with a texture and a rotation script to make the fish/bird go round in circles, what I'm looking for is a sort of intelligent fish/birds, that randomly fly in different directions, avoiding region boundary, and solid objects, such as mountains and hills, etc etc, and can also perch on tree branches boat masts, dive into the ocean for fish, or even land on the ground, along with sounds and full animations such as wings flapping, squawking, etc etc, but without pathfinding that might be a bit difficult, also, the flying should be completely random within the region boundaries, including var regions, and not using a million lines of vectors in an NC.

Now if that isn't a challenge then I don't know what is lol. Ok get all yer thinking caps on, being that uBode is now featured in opensim, and is supposed to run about 90% of all SL scripts out-of-the-box, this challenge shouldn't really be hard for the professional scripter.

Post subject: Re: Free Roaming birds and fish needed.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:41 pm 

a couple years ago Us Vemo came to opensim and made some of his animals that were free roaming within an area i havent seen him in some time though he had some hummong birds a turtle and eagle and fish and many other things that work in the way you are wanting ,,,, also i believe chloe lang also made some them as well here not sure if she is still on osgrid lost a lot of places when grid was down that long stretch

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]