Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Building a city
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:21 am 

pay a builder for pure satisfaction :) :D

Post subject: Re: Building a city
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:56 pm 
Furious Typer

Courtney,

You did say you were looking for help but I get the impression a not for profit role play sim is not a place that may want or be able to pay a builder. I'm not saying that's bad either if people do want to do that. Everyone has their own budgets for hobbies and different amounts of time to devote to creating their dream world.

I see from your pictures though that your builds look very clean and symmetrical. What you have to start with is way more skill than I started my first OpenSim region with. Over time things grow and change as you learn new skills and that process can be incredibly empowering. I mentioned OARs and Linda Kellie stuff in a previous reply. There's even more on her site now since that reply. Also, there's tons of great free buildings in places like Wright Plaza (in the big freebie building) that you could incorporate into your region so you don't need to construct all of them yourself.

Another way to give that feeling of a full street is to use a few facades here and there. CG Textures has lots of great facade textures. You sign up with email and make a login there and then you have a daily download limit. I've never exceeded my limit so don't let that dissuade you.

I hope the creation process has been both fun and fruitful so far.

Cheers,
Jamie

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2