Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:07 pm

Forum rules

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Megaprim Etiquette
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:29 pm 
Furious Typer

I would offer a bit of what I know should seem to be obvious advice:

Please pay careful attention when using megaprims that you do not 'bleed over' into your neighbor's region. I have left a message for someone that has several gigantic flattened, scripted spheres they are using for a submerged water effect. 2 of them come nearly halfway over into my region and it makes for very interesting region performance fluctuations.

I've also noted that there are several of these prims spilling over into other people's regions on the far corners although they may be empty at this time. No exuse for shoddy building practices. Accidents happen, especially when you have a scripted obect that gets away from you, but we should all endeavor to respect each other. I certainly don't mind sharing some space to allow someone to 'finish off' a build by building some on my region so it looks right, but as most of us know - overlapping sim borders especially with scripted objects often times doesn't work so well :)

Take care,
- Hap

Post subject: Re: Megaprim Etiquette
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:02 pm 
Furious Typer

I find most people react if you IM them nicely about their "runaway" prims, apologize and remove or adjust the prims in question readily.

After all, I have seen it happen with just upgrading. It's not always sloppy building ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:14 pm 
Furious Typer

I completely agree which is why I stated as such. Things simply happen at times for any number of reasons.

Just a polite way of including the knowledge that I understand most of us already know all this, we can deal with them easily, but for people that are not aware of the issues at hand - it lets them in on it. I guess I should have simply written it as such. My bad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:53 am 
Furious Typer

Quote:
My bad.

No, no. I simply stated my experience. All good :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]