Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:06 pm

Forum rules

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Need to reset scripts in prims
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:26 am 

I'm using clear, phantom prims to attempt some data collection. When you walk through one it says it's name in chat. I have had to reset the scripts a number of times, and they don't stay reset. It's not 100%, but a lot of them need to be reset. I don't know if this is related, but I restarted the region recently and it seems that a lot are not working again. I hadn't checked in awhile, so that may be a red herring.

I was wondering if there was a way to get them to stay. I have dozens, so it is kind of a pain.

Post subject: Re: Need to reset scripts in prims
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:57 pm 

Evert Snicks wrote:
I'm using clear, phantom prims to attempt some data collection. When you walk through one it says it's name in chat. I have had to reset the scripts a number of times, and they don't stay reset. It's not 100%, but a lot of them need to be reset. I don't know if this is related, but I restarted the region recently and it seems that a lot are not working again. I hadn't checked in awhile, so that may be a red herring.

I was wondering if there was a way to get them to stay. I have dozens, so it is kind of a pain.

I use phantom detection prims for the doors in my home, and have noticed that I need to reset them every time the region restarts. To get around this, you could implement a script that detects if the region has restarted, and reset the scripts in the prim. I haven't done it and tested it myself yet, but I see no reason this wouldn't work. I'll also note that it seems that the scripted prims also need to have the phantom property clicked off and on to work properly. You could easily include a line or two for toggling phantom off and back on, if you're noticing this as well.

This SL wiki post includes a basic script that does this, as well as a few other options:
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Resetting_Scripts_in_a_Large_Build

Post subject: Re: Need to reset scripts in prims
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:04 pm 
Furious Typer

on Opensim, SL resets do not always do it..

this will usually solve most your problems:

add the following to your script under default:

Code:
    on_rez(integer any){
       llResetScript();
    }
    changed(integer change){                                              //this resets on owner change, inventory change,
        if(change&1||change&128||change&256||change&1024)llResetScript(); // sim restart, and when available, region change.
    }

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]