Change font size
It is currently Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:35 am

Forum rules

General Discussion of viewers, this section is not intended for technical support of viewer bugs, but more a general area for Viewer discussion and announcements for all users and third party viewer teams.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 48 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Kokua Viewer Project
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:55 am 
Furious Typer

Matilda Charron wrote:
Alright I'm giving Kokua a go, been using Firestorm V3 and set it up like v1 pretty much

The good
I like the favourites at the top and the buttons on the toolbar and the flexibility of them

Questions
1 Are there any skins?
2 I don't get the differences between the sort options on the left of conversations, they seem to do the same thing.
3 Can online notifications show up in chat rather than as a popup?
4 Is there a way to choose how conversations is displayed with the buttons across the bottom?
5 If none of these the above are available, will it be included in the future?

Not so good
Preferences > Chat > Object IMs - that button is unreliable when clicked, it just doesn't respond

1. No there are not any skins atm
2. Some of these options might be more useful in SecondLife where you often have a lot of conversations going on concurrently (Local, Voice, Group, IM)
3. No, but you now have the Notifications floater that will better take care of them (see description below.)
4. No
5. Please feel free to add them as feature requests at https://sourceforge.net/p/team-purple/k ... rce=navbar

New Notifications floater separates incoming notifications into Categories. It provides a better way to view, interact with, prioritize and manage incoming notices for busy residents.

• System - Displays general notifications, such as inventory transfers and friendship status changes.
• Transactions - Displays notifications that result from Linden dollar (L$) transactions.
• Invitations - Displays group invitations.
• Group - Displays notices from groups you are in.

Each notification in the list can be expanded or collapsed by clicking the arrow at the bottom right of the listing. You may also use the Collapse all button to collapse any expanded notifications. You may delete notifications from the list by clicking the x button at the upper right of each listing. Alternatively, you may click the "Delete all" button to delete all notifications in the current tab.

– running my regions on OS X and PostgreSQL at HG address grid.xmir.org:8002

Post subject: Kokua 4.0.2 available for download
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:11 am 
Furious Typer

Kokua 4.0.2 has been released and is available for download for all platforms from Kokua/Downloads - Kokua Wiki

This is primarily a bug fix release with focus on areas such as sound autoplay and sound on region crossings, mesh uploads, texture loading, in addition to OpenSim specific issues and OS X compatibility.

Marine Kelly RLV has been upgraded to version 2.9.17

Post subject: Kokua 4.0.2 new Mac build available
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:58 am 
Furious Typer

There is a new build of the Mac version available that eliminates a nasty viewer crash on being offered teleports in OpenSim. There is no change in version number for this build.

Get it from https://sourceforge.net/projects/kok...s/Kokua-4.0.2/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:52 am 
Furious Typer

There are two test builds of Kokua 4.0.2 for OS X; with and without RLV support available for download at SourceForge.

These builds address OS X specific issues, in addition to general code cleanup that improves
• Voice Chat
• Audio Playback
• Media in the built in browser and MOAP on OpenSim where html5 video playback on Youtube should work. (not tested with Flash, because that malware does not come near my systems…)

In addition upload of 60 seconds sound files to OpenSim grids is supported in this version.

Feedback and issues requested, and you can file a ticket at SourceForge (link on the download page.)

Post subject: Kokua OpenSim Viewer Released
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:42 am 
Furious Typer

The first release of the OpenSim version of Kokua is available with the following features:

• The Visual Outfit Browser will let you create, pick and manage outfits from a gallery
  • Media content is handled with the VLC plugin on Windows, while the macOS version still uses QuickTime
  • Media content on Linux remains with Gstreamer, but can be switched to VLC by editing skins/mime_types_linux.xml
  • You can upload and play back sounds of up to 60 seconds
  • The macOS version now use a gamma of 2.2 which improves tonal range of the scene.
  • You can test and adjust voice microphone and volume without an active session
  • Almost complete localization of the viewer to German
  • Added functionality in support of the OpenSim Export function
  • Absolutely no support for Jellydolls!
  • Marine Kelly RLV version 2.09.20.01
  • Large number of bug fixes, stability improvements and tweaks.

For the full announcement see the Kokua Blog announcement, including the full release notes, change log and download links.

It is still possible to log on to SecondLife with this version of the viewer, but when Linden lab shuts off UDP inventory support shortly, this ability will stop working.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:34 pm 

Any chance for HTML5 so I can stream Live videos from youtube on MOAP?
I've tried all day...
https://www.youtube.com/html5
H.264 and MSE H.264 don't work.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:24 am 
Furious Typer

What operating system version are you on because the Linux, macOS and Windows versions use the gstreamer, QuickTime and VLC media plugins respectively, so the capabilities are not the same across all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:32 am 

Currently Winblows 10, as Linux systems drivers for Nvidia GPU with Optimus Intel don't work at the moment.
Otherwise installing sudo apt-get install [google gstreamer depends] gstreamer would have fixed it.
I have VLC, it's like the 5th thing I install on a new OS load no matter the OS.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 48 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5