Idea: Create a walkable boardwalk all around the Moat Lbsa regions on the touching private owned regions.
Why: People might be tempted to walk the complete way and see all the different regions with their own intentions/interests. Region-owners can advertise their intentions and at the same time the region-owners show that they can all work together.
1 + 1 = 3 if all the 1's see the mutual benified that can be gained by working together
(Edited September 8,2011 as ringowners have changed a bit (2 owners added))
(Edited March 9, 2012 as ring owners have changed a lot)
(Edited March 26, 2012 as ring owners have changed and boardwalk is put in on most regions now)
(Edited March 27, 2012 Oddball's Guitar Museum and Sylvias Swondo Sea 20 have switched and both boardwalks are added)
(Edited March 29, 2012 Michelle Argus added the boardwalk to her regions.)
(Edited April 3, 2012 Lucy Afarensis completed her boardwalk.)
(Edited April 10, 2012 I gave up the spot I had in the South-east corner so Lucy could have her two regions laying connected again)
(Edited April 13, 2012 Dorothea Lundquist added the boardwalk Today. Now there is only 1 out of 24 left without the boardwalk.)
(Edited September 4, 2012 Claudia Sanz has filled the spot of Oddball Otoole. She already im'ed she likes to participate withg the boardwalk.)
(Edited October 30, 2012 Adham DeCuir has filled the spot previously owned by Vixen Heron. An IM is send telling him about the Boardwalk)
(Edited October 30, 2012 Adham DeCuir has created his boardwalk and the boardwalk is now for the firsttime completely all around
This topic is especially meant for the region owners who have a region touching one of the Moat Lbsa regions:
- Lucy Afarensis
- Claudia Sanz
- Michelle Argus
- Dorothea Lundquist
- Akira Sonoda
- Dog Pluto
- Adham DeCuir
- Sylvia Sonoda
Ofcourse everyone with ideas and thoughts is also welcome to respond.
In this topic I hope we will try to come to a joined idea for a boardwalk all around the Lbsa core.
I will write down my thoughts but please remember this is only meant as a start. We (All Moat Lbsa surrounding region-owners) must come to something we all like before we can call this forum discussion a success. Every contribution, remark, suggestion, question etc is welcome.
1. We all create our own boardwalk so it fits the style of our region or we come to one agreed boardwalk if we can find something we all like.
2. The route of the boardwalk should be straight forward in one line (no detours into the region) at agreed coordinates. I suggest right on the border with Moat Lbsa.
3. If we do not use one type boardwalk, we should try to agree on position and size(length,width,height) so at least there is some kind of consistency and the boardwalks connect nicely to the next.
4.Should we agree on how we all advertise our thing on the boardwalk? This to prevent the one trying to create even more dominant things then his/her neighbour. Agree on things like ways of advertsing on the boardwalk and sizes of signs etc etc.
5. Maybe we can create info signs along the route about the other regions. Again we have to agree on being consistent I think. See if we can make it so that for the visiter it feels about the same where ever he/she walks on the board-walk.
6.we need to double some (invisible)prims over the edges to prevent sinking at crossings.
8. Maybe we also need to agree a bit on connections to the boardwalk. I mean like T connections to roads into the regions. Something like: "No connections to the boardwalk within 50 meters of the border to the neighbouring region".
Question: If we do not use one type boardwalk, then what else should we agree on to prevent too much differences?
Ok lets start with this. Please suggestions, comments etc etc
I strongly believe it is mutual beneficial if we can create an interesting ring around the community center of OSgrid.
Ofcourse if we really succeed at this and we all like it, then we can try to do even more joined things to make all our places extra nice for visitors. I am sure by working together we can gain individually more in the middle long run.
I mean even if this means I have a sign on my boardwalk telling direction to the compettition
Sylvia Sonodahttp://www.swondo.comAs of October 30, 2012 the Boardwalk has been completed. 8 Independant owners completed the ring on 24 regions all around MOAT LBSA.
It took one year and two months but we did it. Maybe the next goal should be to make the boardwalk the most spoken about place in OSgrid.
Januari 3 , 2013 update: we lost a few spots due to an osgrid autoclean error. we got a few spots back becasue of repairs of this. I will update this page wehn its stable again. too much happening and changing at the moment.
boardwalkoctober2012complete.gif [ 45.62 KiB | Viewed 792 times ]