Change font size
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:36 am

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}
:idea: Regions Must be located on OSGrid. All Business Advertisements will be erased.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 7   [ 68 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: The Guitar Museum
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:49 am 
Site Admin

Just a heads up, my Alien Avatar is not Copybotted, that one on SL that Oddball provided a link to is the copybotted version, Coke Supply who made the original Alien Avatars was part of Oni Kenkon Creations, she was part of our team from the beggining and we are still friends, if you have concerns that I have copy botted this, just contact Coke Supply in Second Life.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:16 pm 
OSG Elite

[quote="Nebadon Izumi"]Just a heads up, my Alien Avatar is not Copybotted, that one on SL that Oddball provided a link to is the copybotted version, Coke Supply who made the original Alien Avatars was part of Oni Kenkon Creations, she was part of our team from the beggining and we are still friends, if you have concerns that I have copy botted this, just contact Coke Supply in Second Life.[/quote]

I'm NOT implying that you copied that avatar, but saw it on the MP and in-world on SL a couple of times. I thought someone else copybotted it. Sorry for the confusion!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:24 pm 
Furious Typer

Oddy,

You're one of the most interesting and fun people I've met here and it's rather heartbreaking to read that you're leaving with so much anger and dissapointment. I'm not sure what to say. I think anything we do online is risky to some degree or another. Sure I've seen stolen content floating around this grid but I've seen more in SL in all those "reseller packs". Hell I even logged on one day over there to find a hair I had been wearing was blacklisted. I sure didn't steal it and I suspect the person who sold it to me at their shop didn't either. I also think it's unfortunate to see a nice build of av and say "Oh it must be a copybotted thing...it's too good....or it looks like this thing I saw in SL." The reality is we have some really kick ass content creators in OSGrid too. You're one of them.

In terms of the admins and their availability; they're volunteers and in my opinion they offer time above and beyond the call of volunteerism. Maybe it's a time zone thing yeah. The one time I had a concern that required an admin I found Nebadon in world easily and he literally dropped whatever he was doing and helped me on the spot. That's amazing! I'm sure my piddly request was peanuts compared to running and maintaining the grid. Whenever I've had questions; even what I feel like are the dumbest of the noob questions and I post them here, people fire off a bunch of solutions and don't throw stuff at me. I'm so thankful for that!

I think any grid is going to be what you bring to it. If you want parties and contests; host parties and contests. If you want role play; role play. If you want to make friends and be social; take interest in people and do it. It's not like you're shy:)

I respect your choice to follow a new path and I hope you find fulfillment on the journey. You'll always have a home here too so keep in touch and come back for a pint now and then and tell us about your adventures:)

Cheers,
Jamie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:30 pm 
OSG Elite

I thank each one of you to take the time to post a reply here on this thread: Thank you!!

I don't want to spend too much time here discussing things, however, I do want to warn content creators:

It's very, very easy to make things full perm here; folks do not need copybot viewers to grab your stuff and make it full perm. Ye olde Imp viewer is all that you need to make things full perm.
*this is not some kind of OSgrid bashing, or flame war, just a fair warning about opensim security*
It's a bug, LL resolved it, maybe it will get fixed here soon.
Until then: think before you rezz stuff, you might see it somewhere else...

Oddy's final words:
You guys have a great time here on OSgrid, test stuff, build your dream world, go nuts with scripts and all. I hope you have as much fun I had back in the days!
Don't worry about my personal griefs with OSgrid, I'm just a silly person who thinks she can demand stuff:)
Also, remember that if you are a good content creator, your stuff will get copied, even scripts (That is not easy or even possible on the SL grid).
Anyway: enjoy your free/cheap virtual world, make the best of it!

This is my last post here on these forums, do not bother to answer, I will not read them.

Oddy signs out, be safe all. Have fun and take care....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:28 pm 
Oddball Otoole {L_WROTE}:
I don't want to spend too much time here discussing things, however, I do want to warn content creators:

It's very, very easy to make things full perm here; folks do not need copybot viewers to grab your stuff and make it full perm. Ye olde Imp viewer is all that you need to make things full perm.
*this is not some kind of OSgrid bashing, or flame war, just a fair warning about opensim security*
It's a bug, LL resolved it, maybe it will get fixed here soon.
Until then: think before you rezz stuff, you might see it somewhere else...
Also, remember that if you are a good content creator, your stuff will get copied, even scripts (That is not easy or even possible on the SL grid).

This is my last post here on these forums, do not bother to answer, I will not read them.
Oooo, you're gonna use your last words to slag off osgrid and then flounce off, are you? How freakin' awesome is that, right?
I guess there's nothing I can add except to say ..."Goodbye, big fart" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veh0NMBhqC8 for context)

Last edited by Han Held on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:23 pm 
Furious Typer

{L_QUOTE}:
It's very, very easy to make things full perm here; folks do not need copybot viewers to grab your stuff and make it full perm.

Anything I put out for the taking is meant to be shared freely on OSGrid anyways. I try to make it all full perms but sometimes I forget or somehow the perms get weird at the taker end. I figure in any world, no one can steal from me what I offer freely and I'm not here to make money or a fuss about any of that. If I made it you can have one:)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:48 pm 
Furious Typer

Jamie Wright {L_WROTE}:
I figure in any world, no one can steal from me what I offer freely and I'm not here to make money or a fuss about any of that.

That's a very good attitude Jamie, and one I share for almost all of my stuff :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 7   [ 68 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7