Change font size
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:30 pm

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}
:idea: Regions Must be located on OSGrid. All Business Advertisements will be erased.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Sailing At OSGrid International Sailing
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:25 pm 
Furious Typer

{L_ATTACHMENT}:
Snapshot _ OSGrid International Saiding, OSGrid International S.png
Snapshot _ OSGrid International Saiding, OSGrid International S.png [ 227.18 KiB | Viewed 6260 times ]
{L_ATTACHMENT}:
Snapshot _ OSGrid International Saiding, OSGrid International Sailing (ubOde) (911, 813, 20) - General.png
Snapshot _ OSGrid International Saiding, OSGrid International Sailing (ubOde) (911, 813, 20) - General.png [ 215.51 KiB | Viewed 6260 times ]

Check out the new UBODE region at OSGrid International and try the Becky BBK keelboat; it provides an identical sailing experience to Second Life. I have ceded a few to the OpenSim Sailing Group and left them docked. See Mattie McBride for a group invite.

Post subject: Re: Sailing At OSGrid International Sailing
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:10 am 
Thanks for this!...At last this is the real deal for sailing in Opensim! ..I've made some improvements to the bow spray so its closer to SL..contact me inworld if you need.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:47 am 
Furious Typer

Good for you Sarah! You are right, the bow spray totally sucks. I just never got around to doing anything constructive with it. I am not entirely certain about the provenance or the history of that particular boat. It sat in my inventory forever with an uncompilable script until I sat down with it one evening and got it working. UBOde provides the first place to sail it properly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:56 am 
Well Becca Moulliez brought her Bwind boat and scripts to OSgrid a few years ago..They had sailing sims here and she formed the Bwind users sailing group. (Balduin Aabye was also a member and contributor of the bow wave script). The boat was left full perms outside the clubhouse I believe. So thats how the boat and scripts got here in opensim. I don't think they ever got it working properly under the old ODE system and basically gave up.

So... I would have thought using the scripts here would be no problem for non commercial use. (they are available full perms at TWYC also) Now all we need is a freebie low lag start/finish line with timer, and some marker buoys. :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]