Change font size
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:22 pm

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}
. please keep questions related to an OpenSimulator and OSgrid nature.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: How to diagnose OpenSim MySQL startup issue
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:24 pm 

Over the years, I have successfully installed OpenSim many times to work and connect to OSGrid from several different Ubuntu Linux servers. But on a new server, I am getting an error message early in the console startup:

"[SERVICE BASE]: Failed to load plugin OpenSim.Region.Framework.Interfaces.ISimulationDataStore from OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll with args Data Source=localhost;Database=test3x3;User ID=test3x3;Password=********;System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies."

I have succeeded logging into the mysql console with the database, username and password listed in this error, and I can see the database there. It is still empty because so far OpenSim hasn't been able to use it.

From the mysql root account, I made sure that the opensim user has all privileges. By entering a command like:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON test3x3.* TO test3x3@localhost IDENTIFIED BY '********';
This has not helped.

I created a second database named test3x3 (originally I had database opensim and user opensim) and this made no difference.

I tried removing mysql and re-installing it on the server, that didn't help.

Since I first got this error message I have successfully installed mysql and opensim on yet another Ubuntu Linux system, and it worked there! I thought I installed everything in exactly the same way. What could be different?

Is there a way to get more detail in the console about the error message I am getting?

Any other suggestions of things to try?

Post subject: Re: How to diagnose OpenSim MySQL startup issue
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:49 am 

Double check that in your config file(s) you have comented out the reference to mysqli. I've not got remote access to my server at the moment so I can not see if that could replicate the error.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]