Change font size
It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:17 pm

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}
. please keep questions related to an OpenSimulator and OSgrid nature.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Problems with Trees
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:58 pm 

Cleaned out my sims and went to repopulate the forest on one region. For some reason, however, the trees aren't showing up, even though "tree statistics" shows them there. This is on the latest (2013-01-09) build.

In addition when I leave the trees active I can't edit anything. Even trying to edit a single prim the editor will start saying "loading multiple objects", and the count will start climbing. Basically it looks like it is trying to select all the nonexistent trees whenever I try to edit something... even if I'm in a different region. Turning the tree module off fixes the problem.

So, known issues with the tree module? I'd really hate to have to build an entire forest by hand... :)

Post subject: Re: Problems with Trees
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

I checked the Mantis and did not see any outstanding issues with the Trees. Best to file a report on the mantis, with all the details of your set up. That will get the quickest fix to the problem.

http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:27 pm 

It's the Firestorm viewer! On a hunch I logged in with Imprudence, then removed and replanted all the trees. Sure enough, there they are. Something about Firestorm does not render trees created with the tree module.

Soooo, even though I like the features of a v3 viewer I might be stuck with Imprudence until that is fixed :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:00 pm 

I now formally declare myself to be blonde! Firestorm works... if you don't set the tree slider to 0. I had it turned down to reduce lag, and didn't realize I'd effectively turned the trees off.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]