Change font size
It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:51 am

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}
. please keep questions related to an OpenSimulator and OSgrid nature.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Standalone Simulator worked before, fails to start now
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:37 pm 

I had a standalone Open Simulator running on my MacBook Pro laptop, it was working fine. But today when I tried to start it, I got this error message:
“ - [CONFIG]: Could not find include file /opensim/opensim-0.7.4/bin/config-include/Standalone.ini”
followed by errors about missing configuration sections and terminating back to the shell.

I look, even cut that filename out of the error message and cat it, and the file is there. Why would OpenSim not be able to find it now, when it could find it last time I ran OpenSim?

Post subject: Re: Standalone Simulator worked before, fails to start now
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:29 pm 

Hmm, when I go home and connect to the internet over Wifi, the standalone sim works again. If I connect to the internet over a LAN wire at home, the standalone sim does not work, but I expected that since there is a server on the LAN with a local SIM running on that and they probably trip over each other.
Where it was failing was at work where I was connected to the internet over the Wifi, but there was no server or any other SIM running there.
The purpose of this little standalone SIM is for debugging scripts on an upcoming long trans-pacific airplane flight. I hope it works then...

So I tried starting OpenSim at home with the Wifi disabled on the laptop. This is what it will be like in an isolated location with no internet. Now it fails with a different error message, shown below. What does this mean? It seems to be dependent on something in my LAN. How can I mae it independent and truly standalone?

14:30:49 - [APPLICATION]:
APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known
at System.Net.Dns.hostent_to_IPHostEntry (System.String h_name, System.String[] h_aliases, System.String[] h_addrlist) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostByName (System.String hostName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry (System.String hostNameOrAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses (System.String hostNameOrAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Framework.Util.GetLocalHosts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Framework.Util.GetLocalHost () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Framework.RegionInfo.ReadNiniConfig (IConfigSource source, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Framework.RegionInfo..ctor (System.String description, System.String filename, Boolean skipConsoleConfig, IConfigSource configSource, System.String configName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Framework.RegionLoader.Filesystem.RegionLoaderFileSystem.LoadRegions () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.ApplicationPlugins.LoadRegions.LoadRegionsPlugin.PostInitialise () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.StartupSpecific () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.OpenSim.StartupSpecific () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Framework.Servers.BaseOpenSimServer.Startup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Application is terminating: True

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:56 pm 
Furious Typer

You did not put something else in internal ip in the region.ini then 0.0.0.0 ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:13 pm 

Is that a question or a suggestion? I did not edit the region.ini file so it still says InernalAddress = 0.0.0.0
Are you suggesting if I change this to something else it will fix my problem? If so, what should I set it to?
To recap, I want a standalone OpenSimulator I can run when I am disconnected from the Internet, but there is some dependency on my internet connection, the SIM won't boot when disconnected from the internet, but works when my laptop is connected.

Regions.ini file:
[Panthalassa]
RegionUUID = 4df3cb67-9003-4ba5-a2dc-5f22f4f4d05a
Location = 1000,1000
InternalAddress = 0.0.0.0
InternalPort = 9000
AllowAlternatePorts = False
ExternalHostName = SYSTEMIP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:53 pm 
Furious Typer

The SystemIP for externalhostname is really meant as a placemarker for where you would put either you wan IP or machine IP. Since you have 2 connections to the machine (wireless and wired) it could cause issues with which Machine IP to use, especially Udp. That it worked ok before and not now could just be luck of the draw.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]