Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:27 am

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}
. please keep questions related to an OpenSimulator and OSgrid nature.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Have 4 Regions; Can only Teleport to One
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:57 pm 

I've created four regions, but can only teleport to the one configured to use port 9000. If I try to teleport to any of the other three regions, it times out. The ini files for the other regions are configured similarly to the one on port 9000, except they have different names, GUIDs, coordinates, ports, etc. Also, all of them have the external FQDN for my duckdns domain.

I'm using duckdns for my domain name, and it has my current public IP address to my public-facing router. I can't do NAT loopback on the router, so I've configured it with a DMZ host, which is on my eero mesh router. As my eero has port forwarding capabilities, I've created rules to forward TCP & UDP ports 9000-9005 to the IP address of my opensim server.

In addition, the eero is supposed to support NAT loopback or hairpinning, but I'm having issues with that. So, while I work with the company to resolve the loopback issue and so that I can access my region on port 9000, I'm going through a VPN. If I don't go through the VPN, the Firestorm viewer never completes the 'Request server capabilities' phase and times out.

As I said, I can teleport to my main region on port 9000, but when I try to teleport to one of the other three, I see in the server console that it references my public-facing router's IP address and the port. For example, for one region configured for port 9003, the console will reference IP:9003. Am I wrong in thinking that this address should be my duckdns domain name and the port?

Post subject: Re: Have 4 Regions; Can only Teleport to One
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:53 pm 

I figured it out. I had to create a port forwarding rule on the public-facing router to my internal server's IP even though it's connected to the 2nd router. Now it's working.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]