Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:38 am

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}
. please keep questions related to an OpenSimulator and OSgrid nature.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Diva 9.0.0 MoWes Portable upgrade to XAMPP Portable?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:31 pm 

I would rather post this on Diva´s Blog but it seems everything for comments there is closed.

Is there anyone/anything out there to upgrade MoWes in Diva´s Distro to XAMPP, or anyone has done this?

Runing all from an USB stick and MoWes MySQL database just crashes on me left and right.
Fixed tables, droped tables, copied all back again and restarted out again from MySQL recovery mode...

Nothing helps.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Last edited by Fredy Kyong on Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Diva 9.0.0 MoWes Portable upgrade to XAMPP Windows
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:19 am 

Well, it´s seems no one has done this yet :)

The project focus was to remove MoWes because
- of lack of dev (dead)
- brakes easily
- removing MoWes call home
- having the chance to use phpMyAdmin to access MySQL tables and holding a more up to date MySQL and PHP installation.

As far I am putting together a new USB stick with Diva Distro (Standalone atm with hypergrid enabled), my progress so far and some ideas for others:

A) Skipping to install XAMPP
B) Instead of XAMPP I use UWamp now with Apache, php 7.2.2 and MySQL 5.7.11
C) Removed all Wifi Files from Diva Distro (Wifi is fine to start/play with, but not as flexible as to work with an CMS)
D) Removed all MoWes installation including Apache2
E) Pimped up MySQL (MariaDB) for medium/large SQL database, altered my.ini for MySQL accordingly
F) Installing Joomla in www/root instead of Wifi, alter all *.ini files in opensim accordingly
G) Installing a Joomla/Opensim Webinterface (jOpenSim), not realy needed but to play with a Kunena Forum optional
H) Installing an experimental money server (NSL), not needed realy but to play with

My environment is about 90 regions on my USB stick, most of them water to sail, some regions hold about 6000 prims.

Right now I am moving the SQL database over to the new installation and then I will see how everything fires up.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]