Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:18 am

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}
. please keep questions related to an OpenSimulator and OSgrid nature.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Trying to start my own grid
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:02 pm 

Hey guys i am trying to Launch my own Grid on a Windows VPS and i am having alot fo difficulty with the whole thing as its above my head, anyone care to help me get it delt with.

Post subject: Re: Trying to start my own grid
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:50 am 
Site Admin

Walk before you run.....

Before I start off, mind this is nothing personal, it applies for anyone with this question :

If you are not technically capable of running a simulator, than it is probably a bad idea to start off configuring a whole grid. (It's why this gets 39 views, but 0 replies). It's comparible with getting into a F1 car, whilst you never even made it to actually get a drivers license. An accident waiting to happen.

Most Osgrid users join Osgrid to gradually learn to operate a simulator/single region. Eventually they move away and build standalones with for example Diva's distro. Only the technically capable people configure a grid of their own. Some manage to get outworldz up without help, until it gives an error. Then they typically are completely lost. Others have in installed by a 3rd party, and run it, until a major update or bug hits after which they are stuck.

Now I don’t know people that setup whole grids for others in their free time.

I'm also more than willing to help you get a sim configured on Osgrid. But people that want a grid for themselves, should hire a paid consultant if they are unable to install one. (You will very much need that guy later, as installing a grid is step 1, but maintaining an keeping it operational is no sinecure either).

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://wiki.osgrid.org/index.php/Main_Page

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]