Change font size
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:20 pm

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}
. please keep questions related to an OpenSimulator and OSgrid nature.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: How do I import an sqlite DB to mysql?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:51 pm 
Furious Typer

I created 2 new regions, but completely forgot about changing the GridCommon.ini file to use mysql and it defaulted to sqlite, I already have the regions setup with builds etc etc on them, but it takes about 1-2 hours to 'persist changed objects' which I believe is because of using sqlite which I think is slower than using mysql, now the question is, how can I export a sqlite db to mysql?

I can't use an oar, because the regions have the Satyr farm objects on them and creating and loading an OAR, may disrupt the scripts.

Post subject: Re: How do I import an sqlite DB to mysql?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:16 am 
Site Admin

You can't. There are tools on Github that can convert Lite databases to MySQL. However, since the systems don't use the same syntax, unless you know how to manually fix any issues that pop out, i'd stay far away, and take my chances with the OAR.

Post subject: Re: How do I import an sqlite DB to mysql?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:02 pm 
Furious Typer

Foxx Bode {L_WROTE}:
You can't. There are tools on Github that can convert Lite databases to MySQL. However, since the systems don't use the same syntax, unless you know how to manually fix any issues that pop out, i'd stay far away, and take my chances with the OAR.

I just tried the OAR and well, I just found out that saving an oar does not save scripts memory states, when loading an oar all scripts are reset, thus when I changed the GridCommon.ini to use mysql, and reloaded the oar, all the Satyr farm animals, fields and everything else that was scripted was reset and even though the animals looked adult their hover text shows as 0 days (child), and all the fields were empty, I returned the GridCommon.ini database back to sqlite, which returned everything as it was.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]