Change font size
It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:59 am

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}
. please keep questions related to an OpenSimulator and OSgrid nature.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: iar files not loading
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:17 am 

This is the message I am getting. I'm on a standalone region and the other day I had no problems loading iar file from my inventory . I had to re start my standalone was not able to hypergrid on this standalone setup from Opensimulater current release is 0.9.1.1
10:06:33 - Command error: System.Exception: Cannot find file LK-HOUSES.iar
at OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.Archiver.ArchiveHelpers.GetStream(String path)
at OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Avatar.Inventory.Archiver.InventoryArchiverModule.DearchiveInventory(UUID id, String firstName, String lastName, String invPath, String pass, String loadPath, Dictionary`2 options)
at OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Avatar.Inventory.Archiver.InventoryArchiverModule.HandleLoadInvConsoleCommand(String module, String[] cmdparams)
at OpenSim.Framework.Console.Commands.Resolve(String[] cmd)
at OpenSim.Framework.Console.LocalConsole.ReadLine(String p, Boolean isCommand, Boolean e)
at OpenSim.Framework.Console.CommandConsole.Prompt()
at OpenSim.Application.Main(String[] args)

Post subject: Re: iar files not loading
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:27 am 
Site Admin

Hi, the cause is listed in the error message: System.Exception: Cannot find file LK-HOUSES.iar

This can be caused by incorrect filename or path.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:43 am 
Site Admin

If you do not store your OAR/ IAR within the BIN folder of your simulator, you will have to give in the full path to the file. Eg. c:/username/downloads/opensim/iarfilename.iar or wherever you put it. Mind that all is case sensitive too. Both name and extension.

NB, above is just a tip to load them without a full path. However, storing your IAR and OAR files for backup purposes in the bin folder, or even on the same physical disk, is bad practise. You can best have a copy on a USB stick, and preferably one extra in a cloud somewhere. (You won't be the first loosing some years of work due to a diskcrash / hardware failure, but you likely will be just as unhappy if it happens).

:roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:30 am 

Thank you Dan and Foxx for your replies.
I have saved the files to my bin to load as I have done before on the other regions I have had and i do think or hope you guys reminder, lol. At this time I'm only able to set up a standalone on my computer for what reasons I'm still in aw about. My ISP Dualpath has only told me that the service they provide is for old people and that old people have no need for port forwarding and such,lol and only having a wifi connection in the whole complex makes it worst. Anyway I have read and read and I have tried but with no luck of getting on the sims I setup. I see them on my console and all but that's it. I'm rambling now so sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:21 am 
Site Admin

Port forwarding is required if you want to run a server.
- Ask the ISP to open 9000-9010 TCP/UDP and forward those to your machine
- Make a firewall rules to allow these ports.

Above should be sufficient to get outside access to your simulator.

If the ISP refuses, you can more or less only run a local standalone ( connect to locahost or 127.0.0.1) which is not accessible form the internet, OR you can find a hosting provider / VPS were you put the simulator on a public IP address.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]