Change font size
It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:46 am

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}
. please keep questions related to an OpenSimulator and OSgrid nature.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Conversion from SQLLite to mySQL
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:50 pm 

I recently upgraded my Ubuntu system to 20.04.1. In the process I found it necessary to re-install OpenSim 0.9.1.0 (I tried 0.9.1.1, but that created a range of other issues which I'll save for another thread).

OpenSim 0.9.1.0 started without problems with SQLlite and I was able to load my OAR files and recover my regions.

I then installed mySQL 8.0.21-0 and created an empty "opensim" database. Using phmypadmin I was able to confirm the database existence as well as confirm that my ID and password were accepted.

I then commented out the SQLlite entry and created the appropriate entries for mySQL in GridCommon.ini (see error messages).

OpenSim failed with the following error:

Failed to load plugin OpenSim.Region.Framework.Interfaces.ISimulationDataStore from OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll with
args Data Source=localhost;Database=opensim;User ID=root;Password=rpw1;System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused

followed by a stream of other errors.

I would be most grateful for any suggestions.

Post subject: Re: Conversion from SQLLite to mySQL
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:14 am 
Site Admin

Here is a tutorial, that also lists some caveats :
https://wiki.osgrid.org/index.php/Tutorial05

You might want to change your connection string as per this example :
"ConnectionString = "Data Source=localhost;Database=opensim;User ID=opensim;Password=***;Old Guids=true;SslMode=None"

( better is to just use latest 0.9.2.x )

---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused

In above tutorial is explained how you make a user, and grant it permissions on your database. Using Root is not a very good idea.
Also, if you edited My.CN or My.CNF as Root user, you will need to change the file settings on it,
( chmod 644 my.cnf) as else the file will be skipped, and the default one is used.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:46 am 

Thank you for your comments Foxx. I created the new user / permissions and changed the GridCommon.ini file. Also did the chmod My.cnf. Slightly different error log:

Failed to load plugin OpenSim.Region.Framework.Interfaces.ISimulationDataStore from OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll with args
Data Source=localhost;Database=opensim;User ID=opensim;Password=***;Old Guids=true;SslMode=NoneSystem.
Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Thank you for your continued help!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:40 am 

Concerned that my latest version of mySQL may not be compatible with OpenSim 0.9.1.0, I also tried 0.9.1.1 However, I never got far enough to try out mySQL.

0.9.1.1 loaded just fine and I was able to load my oar files, but I never saw the Open for Login messages for my regions in the log. I was unable to log in, as if OpenGrid was unaware of the existence of my Regions.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:59 pm 

Latest attempt: I downloaded 0.9.2.0 and made the following ini file changes:

Created OpenSim.ini from OpenSim.ini.example
Uncommented http_listener_port = 9000
GridName = OSGrid
Uncommented Include-Architecture = "config-include/GridHypergrid.ini"

Created GridCommon.ini from GridCommon.ini.example
HomeURL = "http://hg.osgrid.org:80"
GatekeeperURL = "http://hg.osgrid.org:80"
I left the sqlLite and mySQL sections unchanged

Copied the Regions folder from my 0.9.1.0 version to the bin directory of 0.9.2.0

Problem: It does not accept my OSGrid user ID as the name of the estate owner, saying I need to first set up an account (which of course is the same account I have always used)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]