Change font size
It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:50 am

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}
. please keep questions related to an OpenSimulator and OSgrid nature.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Nat Loopback Issue
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:43 pm 

Hi, I currently have an N-Series Linksys Router E2500 that recently had one of its Ethernet Ports stop working on it and its causing me issues since I have four different computers and a printer to it. I was currently looking at a Linksys - Max-Stream AC3000 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi 5 Router as well as a Linksys - AC2200 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 5 Router to replace it with, but I can't seem to find anywhere on either of them where it supports or can enable Nat Loopback on them so that I can still access my OpenSims on OSGrid.

If anyone has a solution or a work around for me that I can do, please let me know, thanks.

--
Erik Mouse

Post subject: Re: Nat Loopback Issue
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:10 pm 
Furious Typer

I'm afraid that newer, up-to-date routers no longer support loopback, because of a supposedly security issue, I would look into something a little older like the D-Link DIR 625,/825, or the D-Link Gamers Lounge DIR-4500, or a router that has custom firmware, such as the ones that have the DD-WRT firmware.

Another solution would be (if you're using Windows) is to use the MS Loopback Adapter, in win10 it's called the MS-KS Loopback test adapter, found in the 'Add New Hardware wizard', use hdwwiz.exe in the run box, by pressing windows key + R, but that only works if the opensim region server and viewer is running on the same machine, but if (like me) you have a separate region server, then yes you will need an older router that does support loopback.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:38 am 
OSG Elite

Here's a list of Netgear routers that support NAT Loopback. I picked up a R7000P, on the list, but haven't got it working yet. I haven't spent much time on it mind you.

https://kb.netgear.com/000049578/Which- ... T-loopback

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:42 pm 
OSG Elite

Here's a follow up on the R7000P router. I finally got to it. Not a problem. NAT loopback is very easy to enable and it's working fine.

Attachments:
Screenshot from 2020-11-14 13-39-38.png
Screenshot from 2020-11-14 13-39-38.png [ 113.92 KiB | Viewed 85 times ]

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]