Change font size
It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:19 am

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}
. please keep questions related to an OpenSimulator and OSgrid nature.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Big problem since I changed router.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:54 pm 
Furious Typer

OK, for some reason, I can't get those 'Hippos' pages when I try to test for a port that open, by using http://LANIP:9000 from a workstation, all I get is error page not found 404, I have the ports I need open on the server firewall, and I have the same ports open on the router, the router does have loopback, because I can open my icecast admin page on port 5000 using a domain name.

Attached are 2 screenshots, one shows the server ports 9000-9900 TCP and UDP as open, and the other shows the port scan using grc shields up, and shows port 9000 open as one of the regions is running on that port, otherwise it would show closed.

Have the 'Hippos' pages been discontinued? As it's the only way I can find out if a port able to be accessed.

If you want to check it out yourselves, this is the url that should show the hippos page:-

http://home-regions.no-ip.org:9000

Attachments:
File comment: Shows ports 9000 to 9010 open on server.
Server-ports-open.jpg
Server-ports-open.jpg [ 203.28 KiB | Viewed 386 times ]
File comment: Shows ports 9000 and 9010 open
port-open.jpg
port-open.jpg [ 166.64 KiB | Viewed 386 times ]

Post subject: Re: Big problem since I changed router.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:58 am 
Furious Typer

ADDENDUM

I finally found it what it was, the current versions of opensim does not have the gnomes absconded page anymore, and so I had no choice but to drop all databases, and re-create the same DB's, but this time using a backup from an older version of OS, Version: OpenSim 0.9.1.1 Yeti Dev OSgrid 0.9.1.1 Yeti Dev 052e4a060c: 2019-12-03 14:27:31

Using the above version is a damn site faster for DB access compared to the current version, and also the above version when loading oar's is also very fast, compared to the current version, which to load 7500 assets in 50 asset steps takes around 5 minutes, but using the above older version that same oar (using an empty DB), only took 15 seconds in total.

Post subject: Re: Big problem since I changed router.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

Since a 404 means the same thing and shows the port is open and functional the string was removed in to prevent/limit snooping.

" A 404 error indicates that the server itself was found, but that the server was not able to retrieve the requested page. "

As for mysql performance, the archiving code was changed slightly but has no difference in performance on a running simulator.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]