Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:36 am

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}
Keep the training material related in some way to OSGrid and OpenSIM or tools that you would use externally to opensim such as image editors and database tools etc... but ultimately the material presented benefits OpenSIM and OSGrid.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Open Sim on Debian 5 - Step by Step
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:26 pm 

I wrote this and posted it on OpenSimulator.org. I will try to keep it up to date here as well as on opensimulator.org Hope it helps:

Debian 5
1. Install Debian in the usual way. In the package list choose just the last option - standard basic options.

2. Log in as your root user make sure it works.

3. type: aptitiude update (or apt-get update)

4. type: aptitude install nant - This will install nant and all of its dependancies.

5. type: apt-get install git-core and answer 'y' to 'Do you want to continue'.

6. type: aptitude install build-essential swig autoconf gawk mono-common binfmt-support bison libglib2.0-dev gettext and answer 'y' to 'Do you want to continue'

7. type: wget http://ftp.novell.com/pub/mono/sources/ ... .3.tar.bz2 to download mono

8. type: tar xf mono-2.4.3.tar.bz2 to extract the mono source code to a directory

9. type: cd mono-2.4.3 to change int the directory you just created

10. type: ./configure --with-libgdiplus=yes - wait for it to finish

11. type: make - and wait some more as this takes a bit - moreso on older machines

12. type: make install

13. type: cd /

14 type: git clone git://opensimulator.org/git/opensim

15 type: cd opensim

16. type: git checkout -b 0.6.8-post-fixes origin/0.6.8-post-fixes

17. type: git pull

18. type: apt-get -u upgrade and answer 'y' to 'do you want to continue?'. This will update all packages to their latest versions via apt (it will not upgrade opensim or mono as they were compiled seperately)

19. Reboot, just to make sure it all comes up cleanly (Type: shutdown -r now - thanks to the next poster for pointing this out)

20. Login, type: cd /

21. type: cd opensim

22. type: ./runprebuild.sh

23 type: nant - wait for this to finish

24. type: cd opensim/bin

25. type: cp OpenSim.ini.example OpenSim.ini

26. type: mono OpenSim.exe

27. Answer the onscreen wizard promts and Opensim will start in standalone mode.

To add MySql support type: apt-get install mysql-server and answer 'y' to 'Do you want to Continue'. You will be prompted for a password for the MySQL root user, enter it twice as requested. Edit OpenSim.ini to use MySql as directed elsewhere.

Last edited by Zardoz Firanelli on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Open Sim on Debian 5 - Step by Step
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:45 am 

Looks good, and valid, til I got to

Zardoz Firanelli {L_WROTE}:
19. Reboot, just to make sure it all comes up cleanly (hit control-alt-delete)

Maybe in a past life we all rebooted our Windows© machines that way
but Debian, like nearly all distros, has a command to reboot and it will take
the box thru a proper shutdown. Of course one needs to be root or have superuser
privileges before issuing the reboot command. :D
Ctl-Alt-Delete has generally been mapped to "shutdown -r" or "shutdown -h" (I forget which)
and will do no harm, but why promote bad habits?

When install MySQL w/apt you will get a notice that mysql-client is recommended. Do install it.
Will make manual manipulation/editing of db contents that much easier. :)
Same for mysqladmin w/regards to administering users.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:20 pm 

Good point -
type: shutdown -r now
will do the trick

Mysql client isn't a bad idea if you are managing the box from the command line, but mysqladmin had bitten me a long time ago so I've been keeping my distance ever since.

There are lots more useful packages that could be installed, for old DOS users MC (Midnight Commander) will bring back memories of the old 'Norton Commander' and lynx will get you online enought to let you download and install webmin ;)

Also please use the updated:

type: git checkout -b 0.6.8-post-fixes origin/0.6.8-post-fixes

(or whatever the current version of opensim happens to be)

Feel free to cut paste and hack up the instructions as need be.

Have fun,

Z

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:37 pm 

Thx Zardoz for this good "Step by Step" guide, i already tried many of this guides but this is the first one who let me start Opensim ;)

But i still have some problems, the Opensim dont want to load complete.. i also tried an other version but i still get this error

this log is from the "ready to go" version from osgrid --> link
{L_CODE}:
22:02:37 - [LOADREGIONSPLUGIN]: Done.
22:02:37 - [LOADREGIONS]: Creating Region: Dracheninsel (ThreadID: 3)
22:02:37 - [LLUDPSERVER]: Average Environment.TickCount resolution: 1.2ms
22:02:37 - [APPLICATION]:
APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

Exception: System.Exception: There was a SQL error or connection string configuration error when saving the region settings.  This could be a bug, it could also happen if ConnectionString is defined in the [DatabaseService] section of StandaloneCommon.ini in the config_include folder.  This could also happen if the config_include folder doesn't exist or if the OpenSim.ini [Architecture] section isn't set.  If this is your first time running OpenSimulator, please restart the simulator and bug a developer to fix this! ---> Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteExecutionException: SQL logic error or missing database
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteStatement (IntPtr pStmt, System.Int32& cols, System.IntPtr& pazValue, System.IntPtr& pazColName) [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand:ExecuteStatement (intptr,int&,intptr&,intptr&)
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteDataReader.ReadpVm (IntPtr pVm, Int32 version, Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand cmd) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteDataReader..ctor (Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand cmd, IntPtr pVm, Int32 version) [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteDataReader:.ctor (Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand,intptr,int)
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader (CommandBehavior behavior, Boolean want_results, System.Int32& rows_affected) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader (CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader (CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00000]
  at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader (CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00000]
  at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader (CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00000]
  at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update (System.Data.DataRow[] dataRows, System.Data.Common.DataTableMapping tableMapping) [0x00000]
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at OpenSim.Data.SQLite.SQLiteRegionData.Commit () [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Data.SQLite.SQLiteRegionData.StoreRegionSettings (OpenSim.Framework.RegionSettings rs) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Data.SQLite.SQLiteRegionData.LoadRegionSettings (UUID regionUUID) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Scene..ctor (OpenSim.Framework.RegionInfo regInfo, OpenSim.Framework.AgentCircuitManager authen, OpenSim.Framework.Communications.CommunicationsManager commsMan, OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.SceneCommunicationService sceneGridService, OpenSim.Region.Framework.StorageManager storeManager, OpenSim.Region.Framework.ModuleLoader moduleLoader, Boolean dumpAssetsToFile, Boolean physicalPrim, Boolean SeeIntoRegionFromNeighbor, IConfigSource config, System.String simulatorVersion) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.CreateScene (OpenSim.Framework.RegionInfo regionInfo, OpenSim.Region.Framework.StorageManager storageManager, OpenSim.Framework.AgentCircuitManager circuitManager) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.SetupScene (OpenSim.Framework.RegionInfo regionInfo, Int32 proxyOffset, IConfigSource configSource, IClientNetworkServer& clientServer) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.CreateRegion (OpenSim.Framework.RegionInfo regionInfo, Boolean portadd_flag, Boolean do_post_init, IScene& mscene) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.CreateRegion (OpenSim.Framework.RegionInfo regionInfo, Boolean portadd_flag, IScene& scene) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.ApplicationPlugins.LoadRegions.LoadRegionsPlugin.PostInitialise () [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.StartupSpecific () [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.OpenSim.StartupSpecific () [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Framework.Servers.BaseOpenSimServer.Startup () [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]
InnerException: Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteExecutionException: SQL logic error or missing database
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteStatement (IntPtr pStmt, System.Int32& cols, System.IntPtr& pazValue, System.IntPtr& pazColName) [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand:ExecuteStatement (intptr,int&,intptr&,intptr&)
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteDataReader.ReadpVm (IntPtr pVm, Int32 version, Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand cmd) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteDataReader..ctor (Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand cmd, IntPtr pVm, Int32 version) [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteDataReader:.ctor (Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand,intptr,int)
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader (CommandBehavior behavior, Boolean want_results, System.Int32& rows_affected) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader (CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00000]
  at Mono.Data.SqliteClient.SqliteCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader (CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00000]
  at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader (CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00000]
  at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader (CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00000]
  at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update (System.Data.DataRow[] dataRows, System.Data.Common.DataTableMapping tableMapping) [0x00000]

Application is terminating: True

Has someone an idea how i can fix this? :/

~Tom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:27 am 

Yeah, use MySQL on Linux with Mono...

Better late than never, I guess...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:42 am 

Hello,
this is a nice Guide. :) Can i use this step by step for the actual version
(OSgrid OpenSimulator 0.7.1.dev.3ef9a4d) or are there changes?
And when changes, which? Thank you.

Kind Regards
Slow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:16 am 
OSG Elite

Hello,
yes here is significant improvement. You DON'T compile anymore.

Just download the release here http://www.osgrid.org/index.php/downloads and after light modification of the config files and setting DB it will run out of the box

Bo

PS: don't download sources from other sites or try compile you self, unless you actively seek for troubles ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:07 pm 

It works!
Thank you much Bo :)

Kind Regards
Slow

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]