Change font size
It is currently Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:31 am

Forum rules

Share your IARs and OARs here, but please only share the oars if they are 100% of your creating only. Questionable oars will be removed. Up to 2.5mb limit and 10 archives per posting. Feel free to also post discussions about IAR and OAR in general.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Trains and Planes
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:38 pm 
I have come across a very interesting OAR from Tokyo University of Information Sciences. It's a 5 region mega, with trains and a aeroplane flying game where you fly through hoops in the sky. This is using ODE..it's not an attachment. The turns are smooth and the aircraft even banks. Once plane is up to speed (take off on a prim runway) particles come out of the back. I circled above Sandbox Plaza quite happily (I have not tried out the train yet, as i just grabbed a plane off a partially restored oar, but videos on site look good.) The most exciting is the flight script for opensim...if clever person combines this with our sailing one..we could have a smooth turning boat or windsurfer, with a particle wake once up to speed and one that banks when catching the wind!

http://www.nsl.tuis.ac.jp/xoops/

Post subject: Re: Trains and Planes
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:20 pm 

Hi, i downloaded that 5x5 =25 regions oar, and tried it on a new standalone opensim. Did almost look exactly as the video shows, the same objects but water only, so at
first I had to put terrain there and did some terraforming.
Had problems to go up in the air, but after a few tries i finally was able to fly around quitte easily and could even " score' some rings in the air there.
Hopefully someone will once take a look at the planes ,and the script and notecard inside the main prim, that is inside the fuselage of those planes.
I have saved the main objects ...trains, a few rails, a few planes and the trainstation, and removed all duplicates and put all on 1 region and uploaded
that 1-region.oar to mediafire...if anyone is interrested to try this out on a single region....here it is... http://www.mediafire.com/?pbyona0zlck1hot

Greetings, Elmo :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:36 pm 
I think maybe it might be just a case of tweaking the settings in the notecard..something has changed since this code was written (maybe avatar gravity? I remember Neb did some work to get the helecopter script working again) The main problem seems to be the amount of lift achieved over time..you have to fly in low slow rising circles after a shakey (realistic!) takeoff to gain altitude..I got up to 200m and was doing nice figure of eights being careful to avoid sim edges. Other than that it has many of the characteristics of real flight and is great fun. Thanks for getting the stuff out of the oar...25 sims is bit daunting for many.
Funniest thing was seeing Key Gruin flying it...he hadn't rezzed properly so you just saw a plume smoke pouring out the back of the plane while trying to takeoff lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:19 pm 
Furious Typer

Seems links are all dead now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:06 am 
I hunted around the japanese site and found it..click the blue disc icon. The mediafire link is dead though.

http://www.nsl.tuis.ac.jp/xoops/modules/d3downloads/index.php?page=singlefile&cid=8&lid=23

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:07 am 
Site Admin

Looks okay to me Jake, maybe it was down when you tried?

http://i.imgur.com/9GghtPf.png

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]