Change font size
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Not an event - lots of them
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:49 pm 
Furious Typer

This came up in world tonight. OSG is growing, and I'm aware that there are live artists and DJs in world, but there's no coordination.

I'm not offering to coordinate, I need at least two other people. However, I'm thinking a group where artists and DJs can be found. Myself and the two others (maybe more) would vet group members (anti scam/spam measure) before joining. All residents would have access to names, and so profiles. Once someone is in the group, they are a potential entertainer for an event.

No cost to joining - and if there is a cost to performing, that's negotiated privately.

As far as I'm aware, there is no central talent repository, so just filling a gap. To start with, I'm testing interest, both from the creatives, and for moderators.

So, GO!

Post subject: Re: Not an event - lots of them
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:09 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

We have a large panel of Deejay in OSgrid for the event plaza maybe ask Aussie Envee is the responcive of deejay if i remember :roll: :roll:

https://www.osgrid.org

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:59 am 
Site Admin

Me, Dan, Aussie & likely Stoifan have lists of DJ's and performers in the grid, we use these for the "formal" Osgrid events on the plaza's.

A specific performer group is a good idea, but it's up to the community to initiate such. (There are DJ's, singers, musicians, storytellers, poem writers, and tons of educators in various fields) so plenty of opportunity there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:36 pm 
Furious Typer

Thanks for the replies. As I said, I'm happy to get things going with a specific group, but I can't do it alone if we are to protect from spam/fake joinings etc. If it's going to be done, it needs to be robust, which needs admins on the group to check the validity of requests to join.

Other users should have read access to the group, so that they can search for the performer that they require. I assume that performers themselves will take responsibility for ensuring that their profiles are kept up to date.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]