Change font size
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:51 pm

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Total Newb Help
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:16 pm 

Hi there. Ok, so... I've been a Second Lifer on and off for years. I never really had heard about OpenSim till just recently. Thought I would give it a try. But, I'm completely confused and have no idea what I'm doing.

Any help with getting me able to login to a grid somewhere to check it out would be appreciated.

UPDATE: Ok, so managed to get logged in. Yay! Now if I can find good places to go and how to get good things for my avatar. Like a quality shape and skin and all that stuff. That would be awesome.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Total Newb Help
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:40 am 
Furious Typer

Jordan,

Welcome to the grid! At the place where you rezzed in and likely still default to, there should be some boxes and/or signs with landmarks in them for freebie shopping in the grid. Alternatively, a good place to start is Wright Plaza. Unlike Second Life, it's easier to use the map function to search for regions in the OpenSim. Just open map and type Wright. I'm not related to the Plaza despite my name:) Have a good one!

Cheers,
Jamie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

hi jordan, There are also some boxes with landmarks at LBSA Plaza..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:49 pm 

Thank you for the responses.

I'm still working on getting my bearings but I did manage to wander around and get a few things last night.

I'm using the Firestorm viewer so I will have to try and figure out the map viewer to find some places to go.

I'd eventually like to create my own region that's connected but... I think that might be awhile. LOL I like to build and that's one reason I wanted to try the OpenSim so I could have my own space to just putter around and build things. Just need to figure out what I'm doing now is all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:29 am 

I have a couple of parcels available for people to use medium term, until they get going. Drop me an IM here or in-world and I'll sort you out.

Scoobs X

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:50 pm 
Furious Typer

I have a sandbox in my home sim, Empyrean, with a 6 hour return. It's in the center of the factory, on the metal grid over the oil sump :) Just look for the parcel name to change to "Construction Grid" and you are there.

I could safely run an additional region as well, if someone wanted to work on things until they can find/figure out hosting their own. Shoot me a message.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]