Change font size
It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:27 am

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}

Discuss and Display your Mesh Builds and projects, post tutorials and links to examples. Blender - Maya - 3D Studio - ZBrush - Sculptris and many other tools and scripts related to modeling!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Models are phantom
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:44 am 

Hi,

I created a mesh in max. After exporting it to osgrid, it is phantom and i cannot understand why.

When importing it to SL, it is ok. Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced

Post subject: Re: Models are phantom
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:54 pm 

There could be many reasons, I have found OSgrid to be more forgiving for mesh uploads and the physics work fine. I have used the latest Opensim Firestorm, Cool Viewer and the sl viewer for uploads and they all do a decent job. You get a bad error message about physics not being created sometimes with some viewers but it doesn't seem to affect anything. I choose upload, select the file which is then listed on the first tab. I usually leave it as LOD as high, but have loaded mesh with lower levels as well. You need to select a Level of Detail on the Physics tab (second tab). Low seems to work ok for most models. Do not select the analyze or simplify options on the physic tab, they won't do anything.

I have heard a couple people say they get phantom mesh on their regions, but no idea why that might happen. If you try the steps above and your model is phantom, maybe try it again in Sandbox Plaza and see if that works. I have a plane I made in Artera, I uploaded it with low physics and you can walk on the wing without any trouble.

Good Luck!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]