Change font size
It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:11 pm

Forum rules

General Discussion of viewers, this section is not intended for technical support of viewer bugs, but more a general area for Viewer discussion and announcements for all users and third party viewer teams.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 5   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Teapot Viewer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:02 am 
Furious Typer

{L_QUOTE}:
Ah saying one thing, then doing the opposite isn't good
Not in this case Armin. big HUGGS for the AO. :D
Sometimes you are just 8-)

Erm, I better start using Teapot now, right? Hehe.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:24 pm 

A question for anyone using Teapot. Do you get a voice connection when you go to the Mumble Sandbox here on OSgrid? I installed Mumble/Whisper on Starbase Zulu too, but I don't get an indicator for either region with Teapot (Imprudence with the binaries works fine).

Is there a new way to configure it for Teapot?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:23 pm 

Twisted Stickfigure {L_WROTE}:
A question for anyone using Teapot. Do you get a voice connection when you go to the Mumble Sandbox here on OSgrid? I installed Mumble/Whisper on Starbase Zulu too, but I don't get an indicator for either region with Teapot (Imprudence with the binaries works fine).

The first time I visit a mumble region after a fresh install mumble fails for me, after relogging it works. While I have a guess why that happens I didn't take time to have a closer look yet.
{L_QUOTE}:

How did you configure it?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:50 pm 

I have been in and out repeatedly since the install, I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Results are always the same.

Armin Weatherwax {L_WROTE}:

The first time I visit a mumble region after a fresh install mumble fails for me, after relogging it works. While I have a guess why that happens I didn't take time to have a closer look yet.
{L_QUOTE}:

How did you configure it?

I just followed the directions on the website http://whisper.vcomm.ch/forum/

Everything seems to work right using imprudence and the slvoice replacement. But I would much rather use Teapot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:27 pm 

Everything seems to work right using imprudence and the slvoice replacement. But I would much rather use Teapot.

Not sure if I get you right - Teapot comes with its own preinstalled mumble, no need to install the the slvoice replacement from vcomm, which won't work with the libraries Teapot uses anyway. If thats not the problem I think it's better to go on in the issue tracker or per mail, probably I need some logfiles then to see whats going wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:56 pm 

Armin, I only have the slvoice replacement in imprudance, That is how I checked to make sure the mumble sandbox was working. I have not modified the teapot install at all.

I have already posted on the issue tracker. I replied to you this morning.

Does your install of Teapot connect to voice in the Mumble Sandbox? Or is the problem just mine?

Armin Weatherwax {L_WROTE}:

Not sure if I get you right - Teapot comes with its own preinstalled mumble, no need to install the the slvoice replacement from vcomm, which won't work with the libraries Teapot uses anyway. If thats not the problem I think it's better to go on in the issue tracker or per mail, probably I need some logfiles then to see whats going wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:01 pm 

Does your install of Teapot connect to voice in the Mumble Sandbox?

Yes, and also to voice at Starbase Zulu.
Anyway, it would be good to get feedback of more people if it starts for them or not.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:18 pm 

Armin,

I got 0.2.2 working!

I managed to find a second win7 x64 system to test on, but I could not duplicate the error. It worked fine.
So I looked back to my computer, Stripped all the old betas out and gave it a good directory cleaning.

After a clean install everything works fine!

I guess it was a case of TMBB (To many Beta Builds).

Thanks for all the help. Sorry for all the trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:35 pm 

Hi Armin, just downloaded Teapot, looks good, but I cannot seem to IM anyone. The IM box opens but it is pink and I am unable to type in the box. Plus all the buttons are greyed out such as pay, offer teleport Profile. Seems like a good viewer but for some reason cannot IM at all

Teapot 0.2.5 - 0 (Jul 15 2012 17:48:37)
Release Notes

You are at 2681460.0, 2580780.0, 31.5 in Avalonia located at s15428815.onlinehome-server.info (87.106.212.136:9002)
OpenSim 0.7.4 Dev OSgrid 0.7.4 (Dev) 1926de5: 2012-06-30 (Unix/Mono)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz (2003 MHz)
Memory: 3954 MB
OS Version: Linux 3.2.0-23-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 10 20:39:51 UTC 2012 x86_64
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 9500 GT/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 295.40

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.24.0 OpenSSL/1.0.0g zlib/1.2.6 c-ares/1.7.5 libidn/1.23
J2C Decoder Version: OpenJPEG: 1.4.0, Runtime: 1.4.0
Sound Effect Driver Version: OpenAL, version 1.1 ALSOFT 1.14 / OpenAL Community / OpenAL Soft: OpenAL Soft
Streaming Audio Version: GStreamer010 media plugin, GStreamer version 0.10.36.0 (runtime), 0.10.28.0 (headers)
Qt Webkit Version: 4.9.0 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with GCC version 40403
Packets Lost: 0/6351 (0.0%)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:01 am 
Furious Typer

Hey there, sorry for the bump. Since LL cut OpenSim support from their viewer, I've been looking for something based on viewer 3 that I could keep using. I dislike Firestorm and it's also very slow for me, so the only reasonable alternative I found is Teapot. I like it because it's not bloated with a ton of useless settings, and also has a 64bit version for Linux. But there's not much info on this viewer and it also has some issues for me.

First of all, is it still under development (and is it guaranteed that it will stay that way)? Also, has it decided what path it's going to take (LL grid with the silly pathfinding or OpenSim)? Other than that, when will the issues in the latest version be fixed? I'm unable to open the camera controls dialog, IM people (the dialog is grayed out), the sit text in the pie menu still says "Sit here" when it's overridden by llSetSitText, etc.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 5   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next