Change font size
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Forum rules

General Discussion of viewers, this section is not intended for technical support of viewer bugs, but more a general area for Viewer discussion and announcements for all users and third party viewer teams.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Dedicated Opensim viewer? LL cuts ties with OpenSim
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:18 am 
Site Admin

After many years I switched to firestorm due to a frustrating list of bugs with Singularity past 6 months.

If you shut it down, it crashes the machine in a way only a reboot resolves. The only way to close the viewer is to kill the process with taskmanager. If you hit X, the shutdownprocess crashes and it somehow keeps the GFX card "locked" so you can do exactly nothing else other than power down your machine. In some cases you get a rainbow screen, and all is stuck.

Another version generates conflicts with Geforce drivers and seems to run into some memory overflow, crashing the viewer, and also resulting in the machine hanging completely.

Install a nightly version, at first it seems to work ok, only voice doesnt work. Or you get 2 updates and issues like above re-appear. I prefer singularity's UI, but i hate having to restart my machine for a "hanging" Proces 3 times a day. I hope they build a working stable version again someday, for now I stick to FS.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2