Change font size
It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:25 pm

Forum rules

General Discussion of viewers, this section is not intended for technical support of viewer bugs, but more a general area for Viewer discussion and announcements for all users and third party viewer teams.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Mesh viewers and rezzing
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:29 am 

I've been trying to find a mesh viewer 'that works'. Sure, I guess they all technically work, but for whatever reason none of them ever manage to load my avatar properly, and I end up as a cloud. I've attempted all of the possible solutions that I could come up with; relogging, clearing cache, rebake avatar textures, and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any advice?

Post subject: Re: Mesh viewers and rezzing
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:41 am 
OSG Elite

Firestorm works very well here. Matter of fact, they have a region on OSgrid now, and are doing alot of dev work for Firestorm to work with Opensimulator (see post here):

http://www.phoenixviewer.com/

If you need some help in world getting going, feel free to IM me in world, I'll help you out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:30 am 
Have you tried creating new default shape,skin,eyes & hair shapes and then wearing?...or getting those from somebody. That should get you rezzed...do it at Sandbox Plaza...you should see the cloud twitch and then your shape should appear.

Glad Firestorm devs are now on OSG and working here, it's good news for Opensim.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:54 pm 

Using a default avatar does the trick... if I'm content with using the default avatar shape. Looks like I might have to copy the numbers and manually rebuild my shape. I'll try that. Thanks, folks.

[Edit: Once I manually altered the provided default avatar shape, everything fell together. Thanks again!]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:40 pm 
Furious Typer

Sometimes hopping between viewers too much messes things up. Glad you got it sorted. I'm a recent convert to Firestorm and I think it really is the best mesh enabled viewer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:49 pm 
Furious Typer

Hey Sara, I found that V3 viewers sometimes have problems with the body parts. For those "emergencies" I always keep a copy of all my body parts (shape, skin, eyes, bald hair) in another folder in Clothing, so I can quickly "add to outfit" and voila - 98 out of 100 cases I'll suddenly rezz. I just switch between them if I end up as a cloud.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:50 pm 
Furious Typer

I haven't had any problems with the latest release of Singularity (64 bit).

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]