Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Saturday Q&A for June 27th, 2020
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

[10:50] albertlr Landar: Hello George
[10:50] albertlr Landar: Greetings
[10:50] George Equus: Hi Albert :)
[10:50] George Equus: Early birds
[10:52] George Equus: Got am heat wave on here up northern Scandinavian countries. Not set foot outside for several days now during day time
[10:52] albertlr Landar: hum
[10:53] George Equus: Near 90F...
[10:53] albertlr Landar: gee thats a heat wave?
[10:53] George Equus: some places even higher
[10:54] George Equus: It is when above the Polar circle...
[10:54] albertlr Landar: well they did say that May was one of the hottest on record last month.
[10:54] albertlr Landar: I guess June is going to be too.
[10:54] George Equus: Siberia got severe problems, perma frost melting away
[10:55] albertlr Landar: With the virus always in the news they don't say much about the weather now in the US news.
[10:55] albertlr Landar: hum
[10:55] albertlr Landar: well also they say the pandemic is bad in Russia, and they won't issue correct info on it.
[10:56] albertlr Landar: Hello Wizard.
[10:56] George Equus: whole communities built on frozen ground, now some are sinking in mud
[10:56] Wizard Atazoth: hi all
[10:56] albertlr Landar: hum interesting.
[10:56] albertlr Landar: sort of like Venice flooding too.
[10:57] George Equus: Hi wizard.Was a serious accident, whole huge tank of diezel fuel escaped in to a nearby lake after cistern collapsed due to melting ground. We will see a lot of that in the future up there.
[10:58] albertlr Landar: We have Highway 80 which goes to Tybee Island and the local beach. They have had flooding of the road for year, but say they are going to have to build it up soon, as it may become flooded every day in the near future.
[10:58] George Equus: https://siberiantimes.com/other/others/ ... er-system/
[10:59] albertlr Landar: are they even set up to clean that up.
[10:59] George Equus: No way...
[11:00] George Equus: Whole place is built on perma frost ground... and is a large city. 179 000 live there
[11:01] George Equus: Hi Romulun
[11:01] albertlr Landar: We had a ship with several thousand new cars stuck on a sand bar, it turned over. So they had to drain all the fuel, and have a salvage company taking it apart and removing everything for scrap.
[11:01] albertlr Landar: We were luck it did not cause a major spill.
[11:02] Romulun Rockett: hello George :) Hello all :)
[11:02] albertlr Landar: Hello Romulun
[11:02] albertlr Landar: Hope everyone is safe and healthy.
[11:02] Romulun Rockett: hello albertlr :)
[11:02] George Equus: Sadly the future do not look that great...
[11:03] albertlr Landar: Greetings Foxx
[11:03] Foxx Bode: -*- HeLlO-*-
[11:03] Wizard Atazoth: Greetings ^_^
[11:03] George Equus: But hey, we always got the virtual way out :)
[11:03] George Equus: Hi Foxx
[11:04] albertlr Landar: Well I see that on Wednesday July 1st Next week the Birthday Regions should be set up.
[11:04] Wizard Atazoth: awesome
[11:04] albertlr Landar: And then people can ask for displays spots from the Administrators.
[11:05] albertlr Landar: Lets hope that Dan stays isolated and healthy, because Houston is now considered a bad spot for the Pandemic.
[11:06] albertlr Landar: Also that it won't affect our servers there.
[11:06] Dragon Moorlord is Online
[11:06] George Equus: As long as you keep the 6ft distance and possibly wear a mask you should be safe. Keep away from all that sneeze...
[11:07] George Equus: Responsible shop owners can help a lot
[11:08] albertlr Landar: And glad to see the signs and rules for the Birthday regions are posted in the forums. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6566
[11:09] albertlr Landar: A friend of mine works at WalMart and they require him to wear a mask all day at work. But unfortunately few shoppers wear masks, because our governor leaves that up to people.
[11:09] Romulun Rockett: and remember not to touch your face with your hands before you wash your hands thourly!
[11:09] albertlr Landar: I think these politicians will be held responsible for their bad polices eventually.
[11:10] George Equus: Not least the one in the White House...
[11:11] Romulun Rockett: well they've certainly made a mess of it in the UK so I certainly hope we have a proper public esquire here, to make them take responsibility for their poor judgement.
[11:11] albertlr Landar: Actually the White House needs a good cleaning.
[11:11] albertlr Landar: And disinfection.
[11:11] albertlr Landar: Its time will come.
[11:11] George Equus: seem most of the rest of the world agree on that...
[11:12] Romulun Rockett: well maybe Trump can clean himself on the inside by injecting disinfectant. As he says "that kills it in a minute"
[11:12] albertlr Landar: And think once things are stable we are going to see lots of changes in administrations.
[11:13] George Equus: another problem with masks apart from being very uncomfortable is you need th change to new several times a day.
[11:13] Romulun Rockett: I hope your right for all our sakes
[11:13] albertlr Landar: The thing that does not make sense is he keeps encouraging his own supporters to expose themselves to the virus.
[11:14] Romulun Rockett: our balmy Borris isn't any better.
[11:15] albertlr Landar: SPECIAL EVENT Live performer Rogue Galaxy @ Event Plaza
Sat 27 Jun 2020 13:50:57
by LaNani Sundara hop://login.osgrid.org/Event%20Plaza/128/128/0
Today, Saturday 27 June 2020 at NOON grid time.
BE THERE OR you will regret missing it.
This is her debute live performance on OSGrod.
Make some time to be there for it at Event Plaza.
[11:15] George Equus whispers: maybe that will reduce his voter base...
[11:15] albertlr Landar: I got that from LaNani, seems to be an event at 12 noon at Even Plaza.
[11:16] albertlr Landar: Event Plaza
[11:16] George Equus: And now Boris is probably immune too...
[11:16] George Equus: Got several messages from LaNani of that
[11:16] George Equus: *on
[11:18] albertlr Landar: Well I think I will head over that a 12 to see whats up.
[11:18] albertlr Landar: there
[11:18] Romulun Rockett: yes Borris is probably immunize so as usual with his party, he's alright stuff the rest of us.
[11:19] albertlr Landar: But again referring to the posting last week from Maria, seems we are getting lots more users and visitors here on OSGrid.
[11:19] albertlr Landar: I wonder what those figures will be for July.
[11:19] albertlr Landar: https://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2020/ ... h-of-july/
[11:20] Romulun Rockett: yes that's probably one of the few good things to come out of Covid19. Lockdown means people are at home and this is somthing you can do from home.
[11:21] albertlr Landar: And we did host one of the Virtual Graduations from the University of Hawaii recently too.
[11:21] Romulun Rockett: lets hope they stay with us after this is all over.
[11:21] albertlr Landar: And contribute to its operations.
[11:21] Dragon Moorlord is Online
[11:22] albertlr Landar: Well things are going to get bad in lots of these states in the US that have ignored the social distancing warnings.
[11:22] albertlr Landar: And even worst when the Flu Season comes around, so we have good while to go before any good news will come out.
[11:25] Romulun Rockett: well I've just finished reading a book about the 1918 flue pandemic and that was REALY skary. It really ilustrates what can happen if you let a pandemic get out of control.
[11:27] Romulun Rockett: "The Great Influenza; The Epic Story of the Deadliest Plague in History"
[11:27] albertlr Landar: Foxx I notice that the link for the Kokua viewer and their website have bad links.
[11:28] albertlr Landar: I guess we should let Dan know about that.
[11:29] Foxx Bode: yeah, or Pae.
[11:30] albertlr Landar: https://sourceforge.net/p/team-purple/k ... 3eb048bce9
[11:30] albertlr Landar: Well there does seem to be some downloads on their Sourceforge page
[11:30] albertlr Landar: 30 days ago.
[11:32] Romulun Rockett: https://sourceforge.net/projects/kokua.team-purple.p/
[11:37] Romulun Rockett: yes but wehn I tried to D/L it it stoped after 10,752kb so they may have problems?
[11:37] albertlr Landar: hum could be.
[11:37] albertlr Landar: was it with the Windows version.
[11:37] Romulun Rockett: still that's up to them, that shouldn't affect our link
[11:38] Jeff Hall is Online
[11:38] albertlr Landar: hum I just downloaded their latest windows version with no problem.
[11:38] Romulun Rockett: yes I'm running win 7
[11:38] albertlr Landar: I do know that if you are using Crome that google is having problems with it.
[11:39] albertlr Landar: For instance if you use it view a youtube it will often come up with a error message.
[11:39] albertlr Landar: you have to click on it a couple of times before it will connect.
[11:39] albertlr Landar: does not seem to affect other browsers.
[11:40] albertlr Landar: Also for those that recently got the new Windows 10 update, version 2004.
[11:40] albertlr Landar: It has a problem with your SSD if you have one.
[11:41] albertlr Landar: It will keep trying to scan it. Best to disable it under the windows settings till windows fixes it, or has another update.
[11:42] albertlr Landar: when I say scan it I mean for defragmenting it.
[11:42] albertlr Landar: which it should not do.
[11:42] Dragon Moorlord is Online
[11:45] dan banner is Online
[11:47] Romulun Rockett: well I don't know a lot about this but I NEVER attempt to defrag my SSD because I didn't think it could get fragmented like a HD. Also you have a limited amount of data that you can write to it (unlike a HD) so I only write to my SSD when I have to.
[11:47] albertlr Landar: Yes, best practice.
[11:48] albertlr Landar: But this is an action that Windows 10 , version 2004 started doing on it own
[11:48] Romulun Rockett: Thanks :)
[11:48] albertlr Landar: So unless you have that there should be no problem.
[11:49] albertlr Landar: Well since its rather slow today, I guess we can disband for this week, and wish every to stay safe.
[11:49] Romulun Rockett: Glad I stuck with windows 7 although that was mainly to avoid the spywear that they say is bundled with windows 10
[11:49] Foxx Bode: yeah off to event. Thnx and have a good weekend.
[11:50] albertlr Landar: I am heading over to what ever the event is over on Event Plaza.
[11:50] Foxx Bode: *-* ByE *-*
[11:50] Romulun Rockett: BYe :) have funn!
[11:50] albertlr Landar: So support LaNani, please join her if you have the time.
[11:50] albertlr Landar: Bye all

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]