Change font size
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:18 pm

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: ROLLER COASTERS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:26 pm 

I now listen for the coaster prim instead of an avatar.

{

state_entry() {
llSensorRepeat( "Coaster", "", PASSIVE|ACTIVE, 3.0, PI, .2); // Sense Object every 2 seconds at a range of 3 meters
}
sensor(integer total_number) {

// speak out loud!
llShout(1212,"gear .5");

}

}

Post subject: Re: ROLLER COASTERS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:38 pm 

Many thanks for these scripts... The code works nice on coasters which are spread out but I cannot seem to find a way to alter the code or the scanner range so that the cart is not trying to jump tracks where there are other tracks coming close but not intersecting... See the screenshot below...

{L_IMAGE}

Is there a way I could maybe number the 3meter track pieces so that the cart will follow the path in numerical order? You can see at the center of the hub for my "looping loops" coaster design, the cart is getting confused. I know this thread is a little old, but I hope someone can give me some insight on what I can do to quell this issue.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I think I may have solved the problem by using shorter tracks... I compared this code with the code from the coaster at Lani and they are identical (that coaster has guides which are close to .5m in length... I modified my coaster so that RAILS are not as close together and using shorter guides in congested areas so that the sensor is not getting confused... Areas where rails are further apart get 3m guides and congested areas get guides as short as .75m... looking good so far... will update post with my findings.

UPDATE: Cuteulala Artis contacted me inworld and stated that I would need to add "MinTimerInterval = 0.05" into the Xengine section of opensim.ini -- THANK YOU for your prompt response...

Update: Setting the MinTimerInterval to 0.05 and 0.01 gave no workable results... Back to SQUARE ONE... I need the script to follow numbered tracks, IS THERE A WAY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS?

{L_IMAGE}

Update: Ultimately, I had to redesign the coaster... tracks which are in close proximity will confuse the engine script... I tried changing values in the script and nothing worked to my satisfaction.

Update: Satyr from OPENSIMWORLD suggested an alternative controller using keyframed motion, while that procedure is more complicated to setup than using Cuteulala's code, it does provide smoother ride operation and a much lower prim count since positions, rotation and speed are stored on a notecard and everything is controlled from one script.

The ride is called "IMBRIUM INFERNO" and it is located on the "Moon Surface" in the region Ozone. Access it using any teleport pad.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3