Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:18 am

Forum rules

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Chatbot script
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:03 pm 
Furious Typer

First of all before anything else, I would like to mention that this is a very *BIG* script which may cause issues on some sims due to its size. Compiling this script takes around 40 seconds as well as a startup time increase for such a script being left on the simulator, so only apply this if you are sure. You can see by the fact I had to upload it as a .txt file and couldn't even post it here directly because of the character count limit of a single post. But otherwise all else should be fine.

That said, what I am going to post here is a basic chatbot script I made. It's basically a script that gives a (more or less) logical reply to what you say near it, allowing you to have a conversation with a primitive which is close enough to a normal and rational conversation with a person. To talk with the script, just sit near it and chat on channel 0 like you would with another person. I only included some basics for a conversation over general topics such as "how are you" / "what's up" / "would you do X and like Y".

It's good for simulating artificial intelligence computers or other things like that, or putting it on a prim-made NPC so you can chat with it. If anyone wants to modify it, please note that the code is very piled up and unarranged as it's the only way I could have wrote it for what I wanted the script to do. So yeah, hope you enjoy it. I'll also be posting updates here when I'll be adding more to the script if I will.

ChatBot script [5.82 KiB]
Downloaded 998 times
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]