Change font size
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:39 pm

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Invisipirm script
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:15 am 
Furious Typer

Since many are starting to make different types of avatars on Opensim as it starts growing, getting invisiprims working becomes necessary (those prims you see on the LL grid which hide avatars and water behind theirselves, used to mask parts of the avatar mesh through attachments). It took me a little to discover the secret of invisiprims so I thought to post the info here for others on how to get them working in opensim without any difficulty.

First of all, you don't need to upload any texture to get them working, it's a script that uses a gradient map from the Second Life client so no server-side assets are necessary no matter what grid or sim you're on. To make a primitive an invisiprim that hides stuff behind it, simply drop this script in:

{L_CODE}:
{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_BUMP_SHINY, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_SHINY_NONE]);
        llScaleTexture(0.0, 0.0, ALL_SIDES);
        llSetAlpha(1.0, ALL_SIDES);
        llSetTexture("38b86f85-2575-52a9-a531-23108d8da837", ALL_SIDES);   
    }
}

Note that the script above isn't mine and it's a simplified version of someone elses script. I'm guessing no one could feel offended if I posted 4 lines of classic LL commands from someone's script on a forum so I just put it on.

Anyway that's all, the prim is now an invisiprin and stays an invisiprim. You can also remove the script off the primitive after putting it on because the script only sets some texture properties and leaves them that way, so there's no need for the script to stay since it doesn't do anything actively. This is how it looks like on my simulator:

Attachments:
Invisiprim.jpg
Invisiprim.jpg [ 328.73 KiB | Viewed 2600 times ]

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]