Change font size
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:58 pm

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Do You want to Build More Games?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:19 pm 

Hi There, OSGridders,

So we are tooling around after the Primwords Game. And the subject of other games invariably came up. Like it has many times before.

So I'm throwing it out there, who wants to meet up regularly to discuss and design, and start building games for OSG?

Suggestions have been an easter egg hunt, and scavenger hunt, Hide and Seek, Snakes and Ladders, a memory game, charades, Jenga, Junk Wars, Tangram.

I'm keen to get this going. Do I have any takers?

Larysa Firehawk

Post subject: Re: Do You want to Build More Games?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:44 am 
Site Admin

I'm stoked. PrimWords and Speedbuild have been a blast, but I was thinking how nice it would be to have a variety of other group games/activities to get people together interactively.

Another idea that had been tossed around a bit in the past is a Slowbuild. Yeah, like a Speedbuild but slower :P
5 to 7 days, build to your leisure, maybe with a bit more restricted rules than Speedbuild--perhaps using only prims and only pre-supplied sculpties or something like that? And/or using only textures from the default Library.

Just thinking...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:53 am 
Furious Typer

I like Key's idea of a slow build. Another possibility might be a whole sim building contests as they are much cheaper here. Some variations of this might be limiting it to contour maps and ground textures or a limited group of prims. Another would be to take an existing oar and have each contestant modify it to something else. I had a great time turning one of Linda Kellie's shopping mall sims into a post apocalyptic landscape with Neb's giant ants and other weird stuff that I have made or found here. It did give me a bad moment when I saw her name the visitor log but when we connected later Linda seemed amused and quite pleased with my efforts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:43 pm 

These games ya’ll are talking about sound great and they encourage group participation. I would like to see more group activities and events on OSGrid… Lets have fun! :)

I have some suggestions..

I was wondering about the possibly of setting a game like Krafties from SL with all those cute lil critters. They are like pokemon where you combat other critters to increase the stats of your critter. They also make great pets. I have no idea how it all works behind the seen but it sure is fun.. here is there web site: http://krafties.com/

Possibly number 2 could be the creation of a combat game that focuses more on the use of rezers than just on PVP. All though PVP can also be used. That we would be shooting zombies or druids, any type of critter that can be placed inside those rezers.
Scoring could be based on the number of kills. The combat hud could be created with the possibility of grid wide scoring so that more than 1 region can run this system. My idea is based on the Grim combat system from SL.. http://darkaura.net/ (I had this system on SL and really enjoyed it. I think every one that’s into combat here would enjoy something like this) We also could have group shooting events with this maybe give away prizes.. Its all about having fun!

Thank you :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:40 am 

I have enjoyed Krafties in SL, would love to have something like that here but don't have the skills to script it. Beyond the adorable animals, part of the key to its success is that the statistics are stored in a database and this helps limit or at least manage cheats and exploits. I might try to get Cuteulala to look at scripting something like this. (/me pokes Cute who is playing with organs and coasters and ignoring Jaelyn :o )

If you are looking for a combat system, you might want to look at Myriad. Allen Kerenesky who is an OSgrid resident developed this. It is used in SL as well as for Opensim. Info at: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/User:Allen_Kerensky/Myriad_Lite . I believe you can get it in the Lani region.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:33 pm 
Furious Typer

I and ZooT aLLures are currently developing a simple little combat system, that uses rezzers to rez a variety of NPC's that can be shot, and they can also kill you. The rezzer monitors your health, and when you reach about 35% of your health, it will teleport you back to a starting area (instead of you dying and being teleported back to your home sim).

It is in an early stage of developement, but it is easy to use and it will be full perm, so others can take it apart and do with it, what they want. The only hard part is making some kind of scoring system. I have developed one scoring system, but am about to over haul it and just use the kill point system, instead of a survival system. Watch out for our stuff at the Lani Global store. I have a sim setup, called ZombieLand, where you can practice your shooting skills or just grab copies of my stuff and play with it yourself. The weapons are stored in a little building at the rezzing area. Zoot also has a development sim being setup for her projects.

Feedback is welcome, as are any interested people that are willing to help with development.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:33 am 

Hello Jaelyn and Ares, Thank you for responding to my post,

I love those adorable Krafties critters Jealyn. The cute lil animations make them look real. Maybe we could make something similar here even if we start them off as pets and then progress as we can get scripters on board to make the game part a reality as well. :)

Ares thank you so much for sharing. I do enjoy the rezzer style combat. That sounds like a great start to the development of a very nice combat system. I am wondering if we can maybe set up a grid wide scoring system that would track the number of kills as development progresses.. The combat hud could display this info as well as maybe region based score boards. It's an idea :)

Lets all work together to make OSG an amazing place… :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:16 am 
Furious Typer

Easier said, than done..LOL.. But I am working on it :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:06 am 

{L_QUOTE}:
Zoot also has a development sim being setup for her projects.

Well first off, I'm not a her, I'm a him.*L*
in fact I'm a dinosaur.(57 years old)

Anyways, with that out of the way, a bit about the simple combat system is in order.

It's dead simple, users merely have to take a copy of a weapon, attach it to their right hand, go into mouselook, and left mouse click to fire it.

If this thing draws interest I'll say a lot more, but for now I'll just say, it's a "simple" combat system........both player versus NPC, and Player versus Player.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]