Change font size
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:17 pm

Forum rules

{L_IMAGE}

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: OS Money System idea
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:44 pm 

Hi,

what do you think of the following Open Sim Money System idea?

In SL there is premium membership. In OS premium membership should be FREE. Everybody should get 1250 Open Dollars (O$) once and 300 O$ per week for FREE. ;)

Thanks...Willy Rauffer

Post subject: Re: OS Money System idea
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:04 pm 

Hi,

in a discussion in #opensim I realized that it would be to difficult to ensure that nobody opens additional accounts to accumulate multiple basic incomes.

So I withdraw the idea of a free basic income. IMHO OS may be doesn't need any money system at all. Tier fees can be payed with paypal and objects could be open source and free?

Thanks...Willy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:39 pm 
Furious Typer

I fully support OSgrid remaining free forever, and requiring no money except of course buying and selling what other people make and put in shops, when that will be implemented.

Now in case I'm not bumping this topic... I very much want to see Opensim money having implementation for paypal accounts and the like, so we can have real money like on the linden grid in case a grid owner wants the money on the grid to also be real (if not they can just have a stored number of L$'s to play with locally like credits in MMO's). That would be difficult especially with the way banks are and how easy hacking is and all, but if possible that would be awesome. People could then sell objects they make for real money like on the Linden grid and such.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:25 pm 

Im still very new to opensim and i love the concept of free,however I have searched very hard for things to dress my avi to my liking and have not found much of a selection.Maybe i have not found the right places but i still feel incomplete. I think maybe if the was a money system of sorts,maybe more creators would be here creating?? If they could sell the work maybe more of a selection would come.Maybe..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:34 pm 

There are multiple currency modules you can tie to opensimulator. OSgrid as a grid does not use one, but many other opensimulator grids do and some of the regions on OSgrid use currency modules that hook into paypal or other providers. You may want to read the following:

http://forums.osgrid.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1642

Last I knew, you could also tp into Samsara and a million OS$ would show up in your viewer :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:26 pm 
Furious Typer

You are never going to get widespread support for currency in OSG. For the first part, most 24/7 sims aere hosted at a cost anyway (VPS, home machine running etc), and for the second part, this is still a test grid.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:41 pm 
Furious Typer

I believe the underlying issue is DRM which doesn't exist on OSGrid, and which would have to follow from TOS which is also nonexistent at the moment. In other words, if you can't protect your creations, you may as well give them away free. Besides money is the root of all evil. :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]