Change font size
It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:32 am

Forum rules


{L_IMAGE}



Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Annual Meeting of the Membership held December 8th, 2019
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:09 pm
Posts: 465
[10:37] Wizard Atazoth: hey albert
[10:37] rachel rose: ℋїїїї ㋡ albert
[10:38] Wizard Atazoth: hey jim
[10:38] rachel rose: ℋїїїї ㋡ Jim
[10:39] Jim Jackson: Hi wiz, hi rachel
[10:39] Wizard Atazoth: *~~ I AM GROOT!!! ~~*
[10:39] rachel rose: hey :)
[10:39] Wizard Atazoth: ^_^
[10:39] Jim Jackson: haha awesome
[10:39] Jim Jackson: hi albert
[10:39] dan banner is Online
[10:39] albertlr Landar: Hi Jim
[10:41] Wizard Atazoth: nice note taking on the podium lol
[10:42] Jim Jackson: well I have to be prepared right?
[10:42] Wizard Atazoth: yup
[10:42] Wizard Atazoth: hey Dan
[10:42] Jim Jackson: howdy dan
[10:43] dan banner: hey everyone
[10:43] Jim Jackson: and I share my notes so if any of the speakers is at a loss for words they can read from the notes
[10:43] rachel rose: ℋїїїї ㋡ dan
[10:46] You decline HURLIMAN PLAZA, Hurliman Plaza (93, 129, 38) from A group member named albertlr Landar.
[10:48] Cuteulala Artis is Offline
[10:48] albertlr Landar: I got me a new 32 inche Dell HD monitor for my failing eyes to use.
[10:48] Jim Jackson: dang thats awesome
[10:49] albertlr Landar: Problem I have now is too much screen space, so I have to hunt for things and buttons etc.
[10:49] Cuteulala Artis is Online
[10:51] sarah kline is Online
[10:52] hipster flower is Offline
[10:53] Jim Jackson: I tried my TV as a monitor but it was too big to game on, I had to keep turning my head to try and find anything
[10:53] hipster flower is Online
[10:54] Jim Jackson: hi sarah
[10:55] albertlr Landar: Hi Sara
[10:55] sarah kline: hi
[10:55] dan banner: hi sarah
[10:55] rachel rose: ℋїїїї ㋡ Sara
[10:55] albertlr Landar: I see they had a load test yesterday for the OSCC event next week.
[10:55] albertlr Landar: Hope that went well.
[10:55] Wizard Atazoth: hey sarah
[10:55] Wizard Atazoth: and foxx
[10:56] rachel rose: ℋїїїї ㋡ Foxx
[10:56] albertlr Landar: Foxx with his fox
[10:56] albertlr Landar: hi
[10:56] Jim Jackson: hey foxx
[10:56] Foxx Bode: -*- HeLlO-*-
[10:56] dan banner: heya foxx
[10:56] stiofain mactomais is Online
[10:56] sarah kline: Hi Foxx
[10:58] George Equus is Online
[10:58] albertlr Landar: Greetings George
[10:58] Wizard Atazoth: Greetings ^_^
[10:58] albertlr Landar: Hello Gary and Stio
[10:58] stiofain mactomais: hi folks
[10:58] Jim Jackson: hi geaorge, garry and stio
[10:58] sarah kline: hi
[10:59] Jim Jackson: george
[10:59] Foxx Bode: -*- HeLlO-*-
[10:59] George Equus: Evening all
[10:59] garry beaumont: albertlr
[10:59] Cuteulala Artis: cool nice building
[10:59] Jim Jackson: hi cute
[10:59] albertlr Landar: Greetings Cuteulala
[10:59] garry beaumont: George
[11:00] albertlr Landar: Building designed and built by Jim Jackson for us to use.
[11:00] Cuteulala Artis: better than the laggy wright plaza
[11:00] Cuteulala Artis: :P
[11:00] Cuteulala Artis: but its missing a pipe organ
[11:00] Cuteulala Artis: hehe
[11:00] albertlr Landar: yea, we have all meeting here for that purpose.
[11:00] Jim Jackson: some of it was built with Sweet Home 3D
[11:01] hipster flower is Offline
[11:01] Jim Jackson: Hello everyone and welcome!
[11:01] Kevin Glomas: hello everyone
[11:02] Wizard Atazoth: Greetings ^_^
[11:02] Foxx Bode: -*- HeLlO-*-
[11:02] Jim Jackson: We'll give it just a minute to see if anyone else comes
[11:02] albertlr Landar: Hi
[11:03] Cuteulala Artis: now that you mention it the roof does look familiar lol
[11:03] Caro Fayray is Online
[11:04] dan banner: composites no doubt
[11:04] Jim Jackson: high tech building materials
[11:04] Jim Jackson: Ok, let's get started
[11:05] Jim Jackson: Thank you everyone for coming
[11:05] Jim Jackson: Welcome to our final Membership Meeting for the year
[11:05] Jim Jackson: Hi caro just in time
[11:06] Caro Fayray: ty foxx:)
[11:06] Caro Fayray: hey jim
[11:06] Caro Fayray: and all
[11:06] Foxx Bode: -*- HeLlO-*-
[11:06] garry beaumont: yo
[11:06] Jim Jackson: It's been a good year on OSgrid
[11:06] Jim Jackson: We have a great team here and I would like to thank all of them.
[11:06] Jim Jackson: The awesome Event Staff, Board Members and Admins.
[11:07] Jim Jackson: They are all volunteers, receive no pay, and do it because they believe in the grid.
[11:08] rachel rose: ♥
[11:09] albertlr Landar: ****applause****
[11:09] Jim Jackson: I would like to thank every resident.
Without you guys, none of this would be possible.
Your participation is what this is all about.
We appreciate the donations, but also your generous creations which you share.
[11:09] Caro Fayray: ty to u all
[11:10] Jim Jackson: and now after all that gushing, I would like to turn it over to Albert for a financial update.... Albert take it away
[11:10] Caro Fayray: claps for jim
[11:10] Foxx Bode: ....•*♫ Claps! ♬♫ *•....
[11:10] Foxx Bode: ♫ ♬ *•....♫ ♬ APPlAUSE! ♫ ♬ ...•*♬ ♫
[11:10] George Equus: ╔══════════╗
[11:10] George Equus: ║ APPLAUSE!! ║
[11:10] George Equus: ╚══════════╝
[11:10] albertlr Landar: Hello everyone. Thnaks for coming.
[11:11] albertlr Landar: I want to first give a report on our finances for the year.
[11:11] albertlr Landar: The recent fundraiser, even thought we did not exceed our maybe too high goal, did bring in a generous $2,781
[11:11] Wizard Atazoth: *-* HooOOooOOooOOOooo!!!! *-*
[11:12] rachel rose: wohooo
[11:12] Caro Fayray: grea:)
[11:12] Caro Fayray: t
[11:12] Cuteulala Artis: Which means i need to make more sims lol
[11:12] albertlr Landar: The allowed us to maintain an average in our paypal account each month of $3,000+
[11:12] albertlr Landar: and to increase our reserves in our bank account now to $7,288.27
[11:13] albertlr Landar: So we are in the best financial condition since we first began.
[11:13] Kevin Glomas: yayyyy
[11:13] Foxx Bode: ....•*♫ Claps! ♬♫ *•....
[11:13] Foxx Bode: ♫ ♬ *•....♫ ♬ APPlAUSE! ♫ ♬ ...•*♬ ♫
[11:13] albertlr Landar: So we now have total over $10,000
[11:13] Wizard Atazoth: (^_^)(^_^)BRAVO(^_^)(^_^)
[11:13] Wizard Atazoth:
[11:13] Wizard Atazoth: ♫♪♫♪ ☺ ✪Ⓐ✰Ⓟ✯Ⓟ★Ⓛ✫Ⓐ★Ⓤ✯Ⓢ✰Ⓔ✪ ☺ ♪♫♪♫
[11:13] Wizard Atazoth:
[11:13] Wizard Atazoth: (^_^)(^_^)BRAVO(^_^)(^_^)
[11:13] Caro Fayray: claps and claps and claps
[11:13] Cuteulala Artis: i going to sit on my organ but i wont play it :P
[11:13] albertlr Landar: One goal I would suggest is that next year we try to get that total to at least 12,000
[11:14] albertlr Landar: The reason I say that is out expenses runs about $12,000 a year, that would give us a whole years reserve just in case.
[11:14] albertlr Landar: I should also mention that this is my last year on the Board and as the treasurer.
[11:14] albertlr Landar: I will be going off in January.
[11:15] Caro Fayray: aw...well miss u
[11:15] albertlr Landar: And Wizard will be replacing me on the Board of Directions are our new treasurer.
[11:15] rachel rose: ♥
[11:15] albertlr Landar: Well I will still be around as an Admin. and will take on the role as bookkeeper to help keep the finances and reports in order.
[11:15] Foxx Bode: ....•*♫ Claps! ♬♫ *•....
[11:15] Foxx Bode: ♫ ♬ *•....♫ ♬ Applause! ♫ ♬ ...•*♬ ♫
[11:16] Caro Fayray: .•*♫ ♬ APPLAUSE! ♬♫ *•.
[11:16] albertlr Landar: But I have now served seven years on the board, and am required by the By-laws to depart for least one year.
[11:16] Jim Jackson: Thank you Albert for all your hard work
[11:16] George Equus: ╔══════════╗
[11:16] George Equus: ║ APPLAUSE!! ║
[11:16] George Equus: ╚══════════╝
[11:16] albertlr Landar: But someone else may come along that is better qualified, so that is why the rotation are required.
[11:16] Wizard Atazoth: yes you've done an awesome job
[11:16] Caro Fayray: yes ty...so much appreciated albert
[11:16] George Equus: Job well done!
[11:17] albertlr Landar: Thank you everyone, its been my pleasure to donate my experience, which everyone does to some degree.
[11:17] stiofain mactomais: great job
[11:17] dan banner: yes much appreciated
[11:17] albertlr Landar: But as I said I will still be around just not as much in the public.
[11:18] albertlr Landar: Now before I turn things over to Wizard for a few comments.
[11:18] albertlr Landar: let me offer my congratulations and thanks to him and others that have helped with the renovations with Recreation Plaza and Lbsa this past year.
[11:18] albertlr Landar: He will get more into that shortly.
[11:19] albertlr Landar: But also to mention there is a new release of Opensim/OSgrid for download if you have not yet noticed.
[11:19] albertlr Landar: https://www.osgrid.org/download.php
[11:19] Wizard Atazoth: awesome
[11:20] albertlr Landar: Also We have Christmas Party coming up on Dec. 27th on Friday at Event Plaza
[11:20] albertlr Landar: And finally next weekend there is the upcoming Opensim Community Conference.
[11:21] albertlr Landar: And Thanks goes to Caro for the work she has done on the Exhibit for OSgrid, if you have not yet seen it please go visit both during and before the conference next week.
[11:22] albertlr Landar: Caro are there any more places open if someone wants to get display space?
[11:22] albertlr Landar: There were two yesterday I believe.
[11:22] Caro Fayray: well i could add to some of the cubes...but would need a pic to make the texture
[11:22] albertlr Landar: But talk with Caro if you would like to promote your sim or region.
[11:22] albertlr Landar: Over there.
[11:23] albertlr Landar: And finally I want to thank Wizard, Foxx, Caro, Koni, Aussie and everyone else that helped us with this years fundraiser.
[11:23] albertlr Landar: We did especially well with the auctions, and hope to continue and perhaps expand that a little next year.
[11:23] dan banner: ╔══════════╗
[11:23] dan banner: ║ APPLAUSE!! ║
[11:23] dan banner: ╚══════════╝
[11:24] albertlr Landar: year
[11:24] Wizard Atazoth: (^_^)(^_^)BRAVO(^_^)(^_^)
[11:24] Wizard Atazoth:
[11:24] Wizard Atazoth: ♫♪♫♪ ☺ ✪Ⓐ✰Ⓟ✯Ⓟ★Ⓛ✫Ⓐ★Ⓤ✯Ⓢ✰Ⓔ✪ ☺ ♪♫♪♫
[11:24] Wizard Atazoth:
[11:24] Wizard Atazoth: (^_^)(^_^)BRAVO(^_^)(^_^)
[11:24] George Equus: ╔══════════╗
[11:24] George Equus: ║ APPLAUSE!! ║
[11:24] George Equus: ╚══════════╝
[11:24] Caro Fayray: could be better organised yes;)
[11:24] albertlr Landar: It was a join effort, and that is when we get the most success. Thanks to all that donated and participated in the auctions.
[11:24] albertlr Landar: Your investment in OSgrid will come back to with improvements and growth in the grid.
[11:25] albertlr Landar: Now I will let Wizard who is now a Board Member talk about the improvements on Recreation Plaza and the new events on Recreation each week.
[11:26] Caro Fayray: .•*♫ ♬ APPLAUSE! ♬♫ *•.
[11:26] Foxx Bode: ....•*♫ Claps! ♬♫ *•....
[11:26] Foxx Bode: ♫ ♬ *•....♫ ♬ Applause! ♫ ♬ ...•*♬ ♫
[11:26] albertlr Landar: Wizard come on down!!
[11:26] Caro Fayray: ty albert
[11:26] Wizard Atazoth: Hi everyone
[11:26] Jim Jackson: yay groot
[11:26] Caro Fayray: lol
[11:26] Wizard Atazoth: I hope you all are having a good weekend
[11:26] Wizard Atazoth: *~~ I AM GROOT!!! ~~*
[11:26] Wizard Atazoth: ^_^
[11:26] Cuteulala Artis: we are
[11:26] rachel rose: ♥
[11:26] Wizard Atazoth: I want to reiterate the thanks to all the volunteers that have helped us with the grid and events this year
[11:27] Wizard Atazoth: It's what makes everything possible
[11:27] Wizard Atazoth: You may have noticed LBSA Plaza has been expanded. I don't remember if we did it at the end of last year or the in January. But it has a bigger new users area.
[11:28] Caro Fayray: yes much better
[11:28] Wizard Atazoth: This should help acclimate new users to the grid better and give us more room.
[11:28] Chamilla Mocha is Online
[11:28] Wizard Atazoth: We've also reopened Recreation Plaza
[11:29] Wizard Atazoth: Thank you to everyone that was involved in the undertaking. Caro, Azi, Jeff and everyone
[11:29] Caro Fayray: ty wiz too
[11:30] Wizard Atazoth: Speedbuild and Primwords have returned. We are hosting them on Thursdays thanks to snakedance and tiggs
[11:30] Wizard Atazoth: 3 pm
[11:30] Wizard Atazoth: followed by Greedy at 5 pm
[11:30] Wizard Atazoth: So if you haven't checked it out yet please do so. It's a ton of fun.
[11:30] Foxx Bode: ....•*♫ Claps! ♬♫ *•....
[11:30] Foxx Bode: ♫ ♬ *•....♫ ♬ APPlAUSE! ♫ ♬ ...•*♬ ♫
[11:31] Caro Fayray: fun fun fun:)
[11:31] Caro Fayray: .•*♫ ♬ APPLAUSE! ♬♫ *•.
[11:31] dan banner: ╔═══════════╗
[11:31] dan banner: ║ APPLAUSE!! ║
[11:31] dan banner: ╚═══════════╝
[11:31] Cuteulala Artis: I want to program battle royale for opensim lol
[11:31] albertlr Landar: There are also games available there too I hear?
[11:31] Wizard Atazoth: and as albert said we are working on the Christmas decor for event plaza. We hope to see everyone for the part on the 27th. Thank you to everyone that donates their time to make it all possible.
[11:32] Caro Fayray: lots
[11:32] Wizard Atazoth: yes
[11:32] Wizard Atazoth: It's a big region. Chess is all there alone with many games and room to expand and add more if we need too.
[11:33] You decline The Hate Wont Win, CitizenFour (444, 379, 503) from A group member named posh prim.
[11:33] Wizard Atazoth: as well as some rides and attractions like the bouncy house and Jeff's spire ride, Dan's media build ect. it's worth checking out.
[11:33] Wizard Atazoth: spider ride*
[11:33] Wizard Atazoth: New games may be hosted weekly in the future
[11:35] Wizard Atazoth: I believe that's all I have for now so I'll turn it back over to Jim for more comments.
[11:35] Foxx Bode: ....•*♫ Claps! ♬♫ *•....
[11:35] Caro Fayray: .•*♫ ♬ APPLAUSE! ♬♫ *•.
[11:35] Foxx Bode: ♫ ♬ *•....♫ ♬ Applause! ♫ ♬ ...•*♬ ♫
[11:35] Kevin Glomas: applause
[11:35] George Equus: ╔══════════╗
[11:35] George Equus: ║ APPLAUSE!! ║
[11:35] George Equus: ╚══════════╝
[11:35] snakedance moonwing: *•.¸('*•.¸ ? ¸.•*´)¸.•*
[11:35] snakedance moonwing: .•*?¨`•APPLAUSE•´¨`?*•.
[11:35] snakedance moonwing: ¸.•*(¸.•*´ ? `*•.¸)`*•.¸
[11:35] albertlr Landar: ****applause***
[11:35] Jim Jackson: Thank you Albert and WIz
[11:36] Jim Jackson: Dan do you have anything to add or does anyone have any general questions?
[11:36] dan banner: i think everything has been covered
[11:36] snakedance moonwing: can everyone start from the beginning, i just got here :D
[11:36] Abaddon Darkness: I have one about rezing speed
[11:37] Wizard Atazoth: oh one more quick note. I've been working on a new event board in lbsa plaza. it's a work in progress but should be able to let us organize our signs and events advertising better in the future.
[11:37] Abaddon Darkness: Can this be any better?
[11:38] Kevin Glomas: wouldl like to thank all the admins and creators for making such a fun place for everybody
[11:38] snakedance moonwing: an event advertising board, what a great idea wizzypoo :)
[11:39] Jim Jackson: do you mean in general or on certain regions?
[11:39] Abaddon Darkness: I mean in general coding in OpenSim actually
[11:39] Jim Jackson: well that you can take up with the opensim dev meetings
[11:39] Wizard Atazoth: rez speed could be many factors. region hosting, your ips connection ect.
[11:40] Abaddon Darkness: OK I will then Didn't know there are any
[11:40] dan banner: dev meetings are Tuesdays at 11am at dev outreach
[11:40] albertlr Landar: And the cache you have set up in you viewer.
[11:40] Abaddon Darkness: Rez speed is coded in Wizard
[11:40] albertlr Landar: not all of it.
[11:40] Abaddon Darkness: This is where the problem starts
[11:40] Cuteulala Artis: I Mostly having a problem with prims not showing up in the sim even tho they are there and requires a force update to rez them in
[11:40] Abaddon Darkness: Not all but most certainly is
[11:41] Cuteulala Artis: its a game breaking bug
[11:41] dan banner: the developer meetings would be the place to address that
[11:41] Abaddon Darkness: OK I will then
[11:41] Jim Jackson: right we don't write the code, just implement it here on the grid to test
[11:41] Chamilla Mocha: hi everyone!
[11:41] snakedance moonwing: ~** HELLO!! **~
[11:41] Wizard Atazoth: hi chamilla
[11:41] albertlr Landar: Hi Chamilla
[11:42] Caro Fayray: hi chamilla
[11:42] Jim Jackson: and you might occasionally catch an opensim dev around the grid
[11:42] Abaddon Darkness: Perhaps all users running the code should push to a better fix when it comes to rezing though but I sure will in the coding meeting then
[11:42] albertlr Landar: If anyone missed part of the meeting it will be posted in the OSgrid Wiki soon.
[11:42] Ayesha Rasmuson is Online
[11:42] snakedance moonwing: do i need a big net for that jimmypoo?
[11:43] Jim Jackson: opensim has a website and you can post any problems on their mantis bug report
[11:43] albertlr Landar: And others can report the same bug, that gets more attention.
[11:44] Abaddon Darkness: This is not a bug. This is a very old problem that should have been addressed in code very long time ago
[11:45] albertlr Landar: And wanted to remind everyone again that there will be no Sat. Q&A next week due to the Opensimulator Communit Conference, go here for info and to register: https://conference.opensimulator.org/2019/
[11:45] dan banner: mantis system is not only for bugs
[11:45] dan banner: its also for freature requests, user submitted fixes/patches, etc
[11:45] dan banner: feature*
[11:45] snakedance moonwing: oh feature requests
[11:45] snakedance moonwing: interesting
[11:46] snakedance moonwing: there one i would like restored but i digress :P
[11:46] dan banner: lol
[11:47] Jim Jackson: anythng else?
[11:48] Jim Jackson: ok then...Thank you all for coming, we hope you have a great Holiday season and a Happy New Year!
[11:48] rachel rose: ♥
[11:48] Caro Fayray: ty jim and same to u
[11:48] snakedance moonwing: happy holidays jimmypoo
[11:48] Gwenette Writer is Online
[11:48] Caro Fayray: .•*♫ ♬ APPLAUSE! ♬♫ *•.
[11:48] Jim Jackson: ty
[11:48] Abaddon Darkness: Happy holidays to all
[11:48] Kevin Glomas: happy holidays
[11:48] snakedance moonwing: *•.¸('*•.¸ ? ¸.•*´)¸.•*
[11:48] snakedance moonwing: .•*?¨`•APPLAUSE•´¨`?*•.
[11:48] snakedance moonwing: ¸.•*(¸.•*´ ? `*•.¸)`*•.¸
[11:48] George Equus: ╔══════════╗
[11:48] George Equus: ║ APPLAUSE!! ║
[11:48] George Equus: ╚══════════╝
[11:49] Kawaii Unicorn: happy holidays everyone
[11:50] Wizard Atazoth: Happy Christmas and a merry new year ^_^
[11:50] albertlr Landar: For those that want to post something in the Mantis or read it too, there is a link in our contact form on the website.
[11:50] snakedance moonwing: yuletide blessings :)
[11:50] Kawaii Unicorn: dont get to drunk
[11:50] dan banner: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/main_page.php/
[11:50] sarah kline: bye all
[11:50] sarah kline is Offline
[11:50] Foxx Bode: *-* ByE *-*
[11:50] Kawaii Unicorn: order
[11:51] Abaddon Darkness: in the court?
[11:51] Kawaii Unicorn: yes
[11:51] albertlr Landar: Have Merry Christmas everyone, and what ever holiday you also enjoy.
[11:51] dan banner: happy holidays everyone!
[11:51] Kawaii Unicorn: cough cough


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net