Change font size
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 10:37 pm

Forum rules


{L_IMAGE}



Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Chat from Special Membership Meeting - September 3rd, 2017
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:41 pm 
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:09 pm
Posts: 360
This is the chat from the Special Meeting of the Membership held at Event Plaza on September 3rd, 2017. I have added some answers to questions that were raised during the meeting which I either did not respond to fully or over looked during the meeting. albertlr Landar

[2017/09/03 10:46] Wizard Atazoth: yo
[2017/09/03 10:47] dan banner: hi
[2017/09/03 10:47] Arrwyll Barzane: hey koni
[2017/09/03 10:47] sue havy: hi
[2017/09/03 10:48] Koni Lanzius is Offline
[2017/09/03 10:48] Koni Lanzius is Online
[2017/09/03 10:50] Wizard Atazoth: hey Koni
[2017/09/03 10:50] Arrwyll Barzane: vewry lavish Koni
[2017/09/03 10:50] Koni Lanzius: ~** HELLO!! **~
[2017/09/03 10:50] Koni Lanzius: thanks
[2017/09/03 10:50] Koni Lanzius: was cleaning inventory and found some4 old favorites
[2017/09/03 10:51] Koni Lanzius: Wizzy!
[2017/09/03 10:51] Koni Lanzius: hey Al
[2017/09/03 10:51] Koni Lanzius: hi Dan
[2017/09/03 10:51] Koni Lanzius: n sue
[2017/09/03 10:51] Jim Jackson: hi
[2017/09/03 10:51] sue havy: hi
[2017/09/03 10:52] Koni Lanzius: hey Jim!
[2017/09/03 10:52] Jim Jackson: you gonna pillage and plunder koni?
[2017/09/03 10:52] Koni Lanzius: ~**LOL**~
[2017/09/03 10:52] Koni Lanzius: want a copy of this stylin pirate hat?
[2017/09/03 10:53] Koni Lanzius: this is a fine one
[2017/09/03 10:53] Koni Lanzius: heheh
[2017/09/03 10:53] Jim Jackson: me? no but thanks, I'm not very stylish lol
[2017/09/03 10:54] Aussie Envee is Online
[2017/09/03 10:54] Gesture yipee is missing from the database.
[2017/09/03 10:54] Wizard Atazoth: Greetings, Stiofain.
[2017/09/03 10:54] Arrwyll Barzane: hiya nani :))
[2017/09/03 10:54] Koni Lanzius: ~** Hi Everyone!! **~
[2017/09/03 10:54] sue havy: hi
[2017/09/03 10:54] Wizard Atazoth: Greetings, LaNani
[2017/09/03 10:54] Jim Jackson: hello
[2017/09/03 10:54] LaNani Sundara: hihi
[2017/09/03 10:54] LaNani Sundara: hey hey
[2017/09/03 10:54] paela argus: hi
[2017/09/03 10:55] Jim Jackson: koni is that you purring?
[2017/09/03 10:55] Koni Lanzius: it is, indeed
[2017/09/03 10:55] Jim Jackson: I am already here paela
[2017/09/03 10:55] Danger Lytton: ty Paela
[2017/09/03 10:55] Koni Lanzius: hey Danger
[2017/09/03 10:55] hicks adder: ghoul morning
[2017/09/03 10:55] Danger Lytton: hi Koni
[2017/09/03 10:56] paela argus: hi jim and everybody
[2017/09/03 10:56] albertlr Landar: Hi paela
[2017/09/03 10:56] paela argus: hello albertlr
[2017/09/03 10:56] Giuliano Carminucci: Ciao hallo everybody
[2017/09/03 10:56] Giuliano Carminucci: (it-en) Hello hallo everybody
[2017/09/03 10:57] hicks adder: l instant est solennel
[2017/09/03 10:57] hicks adder: (fr-en) the moment is solemn
[2017/09/03 10:57] George Equus: Evening all
[2017/09/03 10:57] albertlr Landar: hello hicks
[2017/09/03 10:57] stiofain mactomais: hey geo
[2017/09/03 10:57] Koni Lanzius: ~** Hi Everyone!! **~
[2017/09/03 10:57] hicks adder: hello
[2017/09/03 10:57] Arrwyll Barzane: hey Geo, Stio ...
[2017/09/03 10:58] Peter Barlow: good day to all!!
[2017/09/03 10:58] Arrwyll Barzane: hi Peter
[2017/09/03 10:58] Koni Lanzius: hi Peter
[2017/09/03 10:58] Caro Fayray is Online
[2017/09/03 10:59] sue havy: hi caro
[2017/09/03 10:59] hicks adder: hello caro
[2017/09/03 10:59] LaNani Sundara: hi all i missed :)
[2017/09/03 10:59] Koni Lanzius: ~** HELLO!! **~
[2017/09/03 11:00] paela argus: hi foxx -)
[2017/09/03 11:00] Caro Fayray: hi everyone...still loading
[2017/09/03 11:00] Arrwyll Barzane: hi caro
[2017/09/03 11:00] Cilla Teebrook: 'Howdy
[2017/09/03 11:00] Arrwyll Barzane: hi Cilia
[2017/09/03 11:01] sue havy: this is nice
[2017/09/03 11:01] albertlr Landar: We will wait to about 11:05 to begin the meeting today, to allow late comers to arrive.
[2017/09/03 11:01] sarah kline is Online
[2017/09/03 11:02] stiofain mactomais: welcome to osgrid sue
[2017/09/03 11:02] albertlr Landar: And sue can continue to entertain
[2017/09/03 11:02] Caro Fayray: lol
[2017/09/03 11:03] Caro Fayray: sue is a refugee from sl:)
[2017/09/03 11:03] paela argus: hi sarah
[2017/09/03 11:03] sarah kline: hi
[2017/09/03 11:03] albertlr Landar: Hi Sarah
[2017/09/03 11:03] stiofain mactomais: all refugees welcome we have open borders
[2017/09/03 11:03] albertlr Landar: and no walls
[2017/09/03 11:03] Koni Lanzius: heheh
[2017/09/03 11:03] Koni Lanzius: yea!
[2017/09/03 11:04] LaNani Sundara: :) so true
[2017/09/03 11:04] Caro Fayray: or floors sometimes
[2017/09/03 11:04] albertlr Landar: well I understand I was trapped in a floor yesterday, when I was helping test a region.
[2017/09/03 11:04] albertlr Landar: I had left my avatar, and came back to find him trapped.
[2017/09/03 11:04] Koni Lanzius: :)
[2017/09/03 11:04] Caro Fayray: lol
[2017/09/03 11:04] paela argus: hahaha
[2017/09/03 11:04] Danger Lytton: poor boy
[2017/09/03 11:05] albertlr Landar: well I recovered him.
[2017/09/03 11:05] Caro Fayray: just find somethiong to sit on...easy out
[2017/09/03 11:05] albertlr Landar: was eating ribs, and bbq chicken for our Labor Day Weekend.
[2017/09/03 11:05] Caro Fayray: haha nice
[2017/09/03 11:05] dan banner: im gonna grill fajitas tomorrow
[2017/09/03 11:06] Caro Fayray: yum
[2017/09/03 11:06] albertlr Landar: Well I guess we can begin this meeting.
[2017/09/03 11:06] Caro Fayray: heydan
[2017/09/03 11:06] Danger Lytton: go for it albert
[2017/09/03 11:06] stiofain mactomais: ribs and keyboards arent a good mix
[2017/09/03 11:06] Caro Fayray: lol
[2017/09/03 11:06] albertlr Landar: First many of you may know we have been talking about having a fundraising campaign here on OSgrid to help to raise funds to increase our on going paypal balance, and our bank account.
[2017/09/03 11:07] Arrwyll Barzane: yur right, i alwasy getting the keyboard stuck in my teeth :)
[2017/09/03 11:07] Koni Lanzius: ~**LOL**~
[2017/09/03 11:07] albertlr Landar: That is to not only cover our regular expenses here, but to have back up funds in case of an emergence, and perhaps to help us invest in new things for OSgrid.
[2017/09/03 11:08] albertlr Landar: paela is doing a wonderful job of making our new website more effecient, and fixing bugs that have been in place for a long time for OSgrid.
[2017/09/03 11:08] albertlr Landar: But that will take a while, but new and better things will be coming.
[2017/09/03 11:08] Caro Fayray: many thanks pae
[2017/09/03 11:08] albertlr Landar: In conjunction with the campaign paela and Total have made us a thermometer to show what our goal is and where we stand.
[2017/09/03 11:09] albertlr Landar: There is one here on Event plasa as you land and come to the stage area here.
[2017/09/03 11:09] Wizard Atazoth: Awesome
[2017/09/03 11:09] albertlr Landar: It is more correct now. Our goal is $3,000 and it shows right now we have received already $1,000 of that.
[2017/09/03 11:10] dan banner: i'd like to point out the donation total and goal displayed on the website and thermometer is not the actual paypal balance
[2017/09/03 11:10] albertlr Landar: So we have a good start now.
[2017/09/03 11:10] albertlr Landar: We will not be using the paypal balance as that goes up and down all the time.
[2017/09/03 11:10] dan banner: the thermometer is for the fund raising
[2017/09/03 11:10] albertlr Landar: much as your own bank account would.
[2017/09/03 11:10] Caro Fayray: does that include regular monthly donations?
[2017/09/03 11:10] albertlr Landar: yea, paypal would be that.
[2017/09/03 11:10] Caro Fayray: ok
[2017/09/03 11:11] albertlr Landar: So we have to use only what is raised for the campaign if it is really to help us with our true goals.
[2017/09/03 11:11] Danger Lytton: is the goal a monthly goal?
What we are trying to do is maintain the monthly balance in paypal at around $3,000. And with regular single contributions and montly donations the balance in paypal would remain around that amount each month. Any access would be transferred to our back up bank account. If we can maintain enough monhtly donations going forward then the balances in both paypal and our bank account should increase instead of gradually going down as it has the past two years.
[2017/09/03 11:11] dan banner: albert the thermometer is driven by pledges recieved in the pledge@osgrid.org?
[2017/09/03 11:11] albertlr Landar: yes dan, that is correct.
[2017/09/03 11:11] albertlr Landar: We have also now received $350 in matching grants for the campaign so far.
[2017/09/03 11:12] albertlr Landar: now does everyone understand the difference between the matches and the pledges.
[2017/09/03 11:12] Koni Lanzius: how does the pledge thing work, Albert
[2017/09/03 11:12] albertlr Landar: Well first we want to raise as much matches as possible.
[2017/09/03 11:12] albertlr Landar: What we need to raise to meeting out goal right now is $2,000
[2017/09/03 11:13] albertlr Landar: So if we can get at least $1,000 in matches, for each pledge we receive the amount raised will double.
[2017/09/03 11:13] Caro Fayray: so matches are osg and pledges are ppl?
[2017/09/03 11:13] albertlr Landar: yes.
[2017/09/03 11:13] Caro Fayray: k
[2017/09/03 11:13] Koni Lanzius: so we send the match money where again? ;p
Challenge matches themselves are just a promise to pay us, so you don't have to send payments now or during the campaign. We will bill those when they choose for the amounts they issue as a matching grant challenge. The place to send your Match amount and who you are is match@osgrid.org.
[2017/09/03 11:14] albertlr Landar: I propose that we set the last Friday of September for the beginning of the actual pledge campaign this would be the 29th.
[2017/09/03 11:14] albertlr Landar: I will get to that in a moment.
[2017/09/03 11:14] Koni Lanzius: i second
[2017/09/03 11:14] albertlr Landar: This whole campaign is patterned after how it is run in public radio.
[2017/09/03 11:14] albertlr Landar: Ive have about 8 years experience in handling all that.
[2017/09/03 11:14] albertlr Landar: in real life.
[2017/09/03 11:15] albertlr Landar: But they go on for ever 12 hours a day.
[2017/09/03 11:15] albertlr Landar: We plan just to do our campaign in conjunction with the DJ dances and hopefully get people to encourage others to send in their pledges during or afterwards, etc.
[2017/09/03 11:16] albertlr Landar: Now we will have two emails addresses to handle the two types of donations.
[2017/09/03 11:16] albertlr Landar: match@osgrid.org is already set up.
[2017/09/03 11:17] albertlr Landar: So if you want to issue a match you can send us an email with how much you wish to match. how you wish to pay for it, perferably before the end of the year. Your avatar name, and if you wish recognition.
[2017/09/03 11:17] albertlr Landar: We will not name you if you don't tell us to.
[2017/09/03 11:17] albertlr Landar: That is up to you.
[2017/09/03 11:17] Koni Lanzius: what are the payment option?
[2017/09/03 11:18] albertlr Landar: You can pay your match by paypal, just indicate to us that you have done that or will do that or by mail now.
[2017/09/03 11:18] Koni Lanzius: oj ok
[2017/09/03 11:18] albertlr Landar: You can send us a check, money order, or even a foreign check in European currency.
[2017/09/03 11:19] albertlr Landar: Our new P.O. box address is Osgrid, Inc. - P. O. Box 1001 - Rincon, GA 31326
[2017/09/03 11:19] LaNani Sundara: USA
[2017/09/03 11:19] albertlr Landar: This is on the donation page of the web site also.
[2017/09/03 11:19] albertlr Landar: Now that is for matches.
[2017/09/03 11:20] albertlr Landar: For Pledges we can also accept montly pledges. Say for instance you now have a monthly donation of $5
[2017/09/03 11:20] albertlr Landar: And want to increase that to $25, then your pledge for the campaign would be the difference of $20 X 12 or $240 for example
[2017/09/03 11:20] Caro Fayray: x 12?
[2017/09/03 11:20] albertlr Landar: And over the year yes.
[2017/09/03 11:21] Mirror Amorasi is Offline
[2017/09/03 11:21] albertlr Landar: Because one of the problems we have had with our paypal is the montly donations had fallen down below what we had in expenses each month.
[2017/09/03 11:22] albertlr Landar: We really need to only increase our monthly donations by about $100 more per month to start building up reserves.
[2017/09/03 11:22] dan banner: albert can you explain the new email addresses and how they work with this
[2017/09/03 11:22] albertlr Landar: So all of this is doable, just takes a little effort to let people know.
[2017/09/03 11:22] albertlr Landar: Yea basically we have a local bank with BB&T now and they can accept foreign or US bank checks or money orders.
[2017/09/03 11:23] albertlr Landar: We have not had the option of the mail before this, so decided to try this out for the year.
[2017/09/03 11:23] Cilla Teebrook: are you saying that you do not want donations going through PayPal?
The answer is anyone that wishes to use paypal please do so. They do take a 2.9% fee from every donation at present, but with checks there is nothing deducted from your donation. So there is a slight advantage to handling checks. However paypal will be faster and for a lot of people its more convient, so please continue to use paypal if you wish. Also as OSgrid is a 501(C)3 NON-PROFIT all of your donations are tax deductible in the USA. If anyone wishes to have a receipt from us, we will gladly provide that for your tax purposes.
[2017/09/03 11:23] dan banner: pledge@osgrid.org and match@osgrid.org
[2017/09/03 11:23] albertlr Landar: I have personally paid for the p o box for the next year.
[2017/09/03 11:23] paela argus: ty albertlr
[2017/09/03 11:24] albertlr Landar: And when we start the campaign for pledges you can send your pledge to pledge@osgrid.org
The pledge again is a promise to pay either monthly or by the end of the year. Let us know when you want to be reminded and we will be glad to send you a bill for the donation amount. Which again you can pay through paypal ( but let us know) or by check to our P O Box 1001 in Rincon, GA 31316.
[2017/09/03 11:24] albertlr Landar: we now have both of those email accounts working now working now.
[2017/09/03 11:24] albertlr Landar: If Ihave any questions on what you have pledged I will send you an email back asking for the additional information.
[2017/09/03 11:25] dan banner: so donate normally and email the amount the pledge@osgrid.org?
Yes
[2017/09/03 11:25] Caro Fayray: ok
[2017/09/03 11:25] albertlr Landar: yes, but let us know that your pledge is for the campaign.
[2017/09/03 11:25] Caro Fayray: so u dont want us to pledge yet?
[2017/09/03 11:25] albertlr Landar: You can pledge now if you wish.
[2017/09/03 11:25] albertlr Landar: or make your donation.
[2017/09/03 11:25] Koni Lanzius: ahh ok
[2017/09/03 11:25] Danger Lytton: send money caro they will take it
[2017/09/03 11:25] Caro Fayray: ok
[2017/09/03 11:25] Caro Fayray: lol
[2017/09/03 11:25] albertlr Landar: or make a match.
[2017/09/03 11:25] Koni Lanzius: hehehe
[2017/09/03 11:25] albertlr Landar: either, but we need to keep those separate.
[2017/09/03 11:26] albertlr Landar: A match only goes in if a separate pledge is made.
[2017/09/03 11:26] paela argus: people can give basic donation or make a match right ?
Yes
[2017/09/03 11:26] albertlr Landar: And if you wish us to bill you please let us know when
[2017/09/03 11:26] Caro Fayray: a pledge
[2017/09/03 11:26] albertlr Landar: yes.
[2017/09/03 11:27] Wizard Atazoth: Maybe we need a sign in world or additional info on the osgrid donation page to explain it too.
[2017/09/03 11:27] albertlr Landar: either, as I said we already have 350 in matches. And I will be giving updates on our Saturday Q&A meetings each week till the campaign starts at end of September.
[2017/09/03 11:27] Caro Fayray: matches are no good without pledges tho right?
Technically however most of those making a match have agreed to include theirs also even if a pledge is not eventually made to match it.
[2017/09/03 11:27] dan banner: so it starts in oct?
No the Carnival Campaign would be starting September 29th that Friday, and should go to Sunday Oct. 1st if the DJ's wish to participate that long.
[2017/09/03 11:27] albertlr Landar: We only need about 650 more in matches to cover the second 1000 in our goal.
[2017/09/03 11:28] albertlr Landar: Then when every pledge is made for the campaign, each pledge will be matched dollar for dollar up to 1000
[2017/09/03 11:28] albertlr Landar: And we can maybe exceed our goal for the campaign.
[2017/09/03 11:28] Koni Lanzius: awesome
[2017/09/03 11:28] Danger Lytton: And when the equal amount of pledges is recieved - u send a bill for the match?
[2017/09/03 11:28] albertlr Landar: yes.
[2017/09/03 11:29] Koni Lanzius: ahh
[2017/09/03 11:29] albertlr Landar: We ask that you try to pay the match before the end of the year if possible but we will be flexible.
[2017/09/03 11:29] albertlr Landar: but we can send you a bill or reminder anytime you choose.
[2017/09/03 11:29] Arrwyll Barzane: so, those ppl making regular monthly donations to say PayPal can/should continue doing that, right?
Yes, you are correct. We do not want to interrupt the regular use of paypal, that is necessary to our current operations, this campaign is secondary to our current support. Its important to continue to donate what you are currently giving to Osgrid. What we are trying to do is raise additonal funds to cover our short falls, and increase our current balances in paypal and our bank account.
[2017/09/03 11:29] albertlr Landar: now that is at my end, I will be busy handling all this.
[2017/09/03 11:30] albertlr Landar: oh yea, we don't want you to stop your regualr donations, what we are trying to do is increase that, and add to it.
[2017/09/03 11:30] Wizard Atazoth: yes Arrwyll
[2017/09/03 11:30] albertlr Landar: But only as much as anyone can afford.
[2017/09/03 11:30] Arrwyll Barzane: k
[2017/09/03 11:30] albertlr Landar: Especially if you are in houston, TX we would not expect anything.
[2017/09/03 11:30] Caro Fayray: lol
[2017/09/03 11:30] albertlr Landar: Those people need help themselves.
[2017/09/03 11:31] Caro Fayray: yes
[2017/09/03 11:31] Koni Lanzius: yea, bless their hearts
[2017/09/03 11:31] dan banner: its supposed to rain this week :/
[2017/09/03 11:31] albertlr Landar: But we do need your help here.
[2017/09/03 11:31] albertlr Landar: Oh dear, not more. And Dan our President is there in Houston, so he can see how bad it is.
[2017/09/03 11:32] LaNani Sundara: you guys do know the floods in south Asia are even worse, right? 1200 dead?
[2017/09/03 11:32] Cilla Teebrook: oh.. ;(
[2017/09/03 11:32] dan banner: i've got a kayak
[2017/09/03 11:32] LaNani Sundara: just saying
[2017/09/03 11:32] dan banner: ya floods suck lanani
[2017/09/03 11:32] albertlr Landar: I am personally keeping an eye on that new hurricane in the Atlantic, they don't know where it is going.
[2017/09/03 11:32] Koni Lanzius: *sigh* wish u could send the rain to us her in So Cal, we have a terrible fire nearby
[2017/09/03 11:32] Arrwyll Barzane: yes nani i been following that too
[2017/09/03 11:32] LaNani Sundara: ok
[2017/09/03 11:33] albertlr Landar: Now to the second part of this campaign. What we will be doing here at Event Plaza.
[2017/09/03 11:33] Caro Fayray: me too lani
[2017/09/03 11:33] paela argus: its doing the sport Dan the kayak: p
[2017/09/03 11:33] Koni Lanzius: haha
[2017/09/03 11:33] albertlr Landar: We need someone to coordinate the DJ's with their participation in the campaign.
[2017/09/03 11:33] albertlr Landar: Any volunteers for that, Foxx?
[2017/09/03 11:34] LaNani Sundara: best ask Aussie?
[2017/09/03 11:34] Foxx Bode: ya
[2017/09/03 11:34] dan banner loox around
[2017/09/03 11:34] stiofain mactomais: i can dedicate the sunday live evebt to it if wanted
[2017/09/03 11:34] Foxx Bode: he's DJ-ing atm,
[2017/09/03 11:34] Koni Lanzius: :)
[2017/09/03 11:34] paela argus: i'm not here -__-
[2017/09/03 11:34] albertlr Landar: yea that would be great.
[2017/09/03 11:35] albertlr Landar: Well foxx would you check with Aussie about that.
[2017/09/03 11:35] dan banner: albert you can IM aussie
[2017/09/03 11:35] Danger Lytton: and our tuesday events can be used as well
[2017/09/03 11:36] albertlr Landar: And one thing I would like to suggest. For the event. If we can get a larger thermometer so it can be seen better by people.
[2017/09/03 11:36] Caro Fayray: yes i agree albert
[2017/09/03 11:36] albertlr Landar: Especially here in the dance area.
[2017/09/03 11:36] Foxx Bode: Aussie will take care of DJ's.
[2017/09/03 11:36] stiofain mactomais: maybe someone cud organise something diff for saturday? eg speed build or sale of one off items?
[2017/09/03 11:36] Caro Fayray: and i missed the one here due to rezzing
[2017/09/03 11:36] albertlr Landar: Ok thats great.
[2017/09/03 11:36] dan banner: does it stretch?
[2017/09/03 11:36] paela argus: send the request at Total Albertlr for more since Total need make a other config in the script
[2017/09/03 11:36] albertlr Landar: Thats what I was wondering if could just be stretched.
[2017/09/03 11:37] albertlr Landar: Ok I will do.
[2017/09/03 11:37] dan banner: look behind you albert
[2017/09/03 11:37] albertlr Landar: And I would suggest that if anyone wants to see the many ideas that have been suggested to read the chat from the past few Saturday Q&A's
[2017/09/03 11:38] Koni Lanzius: i am doing showcase videos of the grid
[2017/09/03 11:38] albertlr Landar: We have some very good suggestions there, and we will continue to persue and discusss more in the weeks before Sept 29th
[2017/09/03 11:38] LaNani Sundara: hii Aussie
[2017/09/03 11:38] Koni Lanzius: also will help Dan make tutorials
[2017/09/03 11:38] Caro Fayray: strippers?
[2017/09/03 11:38] Koni Lanzius: oh yea
[2017/09/03 11:39] Koni Lanzius: the donation Carnival
[2017/09/03 11:39] LaNani Sundara: a raffle? a lottery?
[2017/09/03 11:39] Koni Lanzius: (with stripper goodness!) heheh
[2017/09/03 11:39] albertlr Landar: And Koni has suggested a carnival theme.
[2017/09/03 11:39] Aussie Envee: Hi LaNani
[2017/09/03 11:39] LaNani Sundara: hii :)
[2017/09/03 11:39] paela argus: any tutorial movie are welcome yup
[2017/09/03 11:39] albertlr Landar: So Koni will you chair a committe for arranging that.
[2017/09/03 11:39] Koni Lanzius: will do
[2017/09/03 11:39] Koni Lanzius: :)
[2017/09/03 11:39] Caro Fayray: yay for koni
[2017/09/03 11:40] albertlr Landar: And please anyone that wants to help join with koni
[2017/09/03 11:40] Koni Lanzius: Caro is also working hard on it
[2017/09/03 11:40] albertlr Landar: good sounds great.
[2017/09/03 11:40] Koni Lanzius: she can be co-chair
[2017/09/03 11:40] Caro Fayray: lol
[2017/09/03 11:40] albertlr Landar: Sounds good.
[2017/09/03 11:40] albertlr Landar: welcome to the co chair Caro
[2017/09/03 11:40] Koni Lanzius: heheheh
[2017/09/03 11:40] Caro Fayray: haha ty albert
[2017/09/03 11:40] Caro Fayray: hope its a double chair
[2017/09/03 11:40] Koni Lanzius: we will call her the high chair
[2017/09/03 11:40] Koni Lanzius: ~**LOL**~
[2017/09/03 11:41] Caro Fayray: will bring my dummy
[2017/09/03 11:41] LaNani Sundara: share a couch you 2
[2017/09/03 11:41] albertlr Landar: Now one other thing we can mention that in addition to the match if anyone wishes to donate a premium to the campaign, please let me know.
[2017/09/03 11:41] Koni Lanzius: heheheh
[2017/09/03 11:41] Jo.Pearl @u4ria.dnsrd.com:8002: hi all
[2017/09/03 11:41] albertlr Landar: That is similar to a money match.
[2017/09/03 11:41] Koni Lanzius: whats that?
[2017/09/03 11:41] Arrwyll Barzane: hiya Jo :))
[2017/09/03 11:41] Jo.Pearl @u4ria.dnsrd.com:8002: looks all official
[2017/09/03 11:42] albertlr Landar: Maybe for a female donar, so donations $50 they get a nice outfit.
[2017/09/03 11:42] Caro Fayray: it is:)...hi jo
[2017/09/03 11:42] Arrwyll Barzane: waits for Jo to speak
[2017/09/03 11:42] Koni Lanzius: great idea!
[2017/09/03 11:42] Koni Lanzius: a custom outfit!
[2017/09/03 11:42] Jo.Pearl @u4ria.dnsrd.com:8002: ok to hang for a bit?
[2017/09/03 11:42] Caro Fayray: ok thats a good idea
[2017/09/03 11:42] albertlr Landar: Or say you have a tropical oar which you would offer for someone donating $100
[2017/09/03 11:43] Koni Lanzius: yea!
[2017/09/03 11:43] Koni Lanzius: there are some brilliant creators here!
[2017/09/03 11:43] Foxx Bode: 100 $ Donators can get an invite to "The OneHundred". But you dont get as much as a shirt for that. Just a tag reserved for max 100 people.
[2017/09/03 11:43] albertlr Landar: What we could do is let the person offering know who donated the required amount and then they could give the donar the premium in world for their donation.
[2017/09/03 11:43] Koni Lanzius: ahh
[2017/09/03 11:44] Ana.Terra @chimerus.com:8002: boa tarde a todos
[2017/09/03 11:44] Ana.Terra @chimerus.com:8002 (pt -> en): good afternoon to all
[2017/09/03 11:44] Arrwyll Barzane: hi Ana
[2017/09/03 11:44] Aussie Envee: Hi Ana
[2017/09/03 11:44] albertlr Landar: So anyone that wishes to offer a premium also use the match@osgrid.org email and let me know.
[2017/09/03 11:45] albertlr Landar: We will post in the forum more info on all this, and don't hesitate to ask me questions if it is unclear.
[2017/09/03 11:45] Koni Lanzius: i have my hands full with grid and tutorial videos but I can offer custom videos once I have more time
[2017/09/03 11:45] Koni Lanzius: dance video, etc
[2017/09/03 11:45] albertlr Landar: And lastly we need someone to come up with a premium T-Shirt for the campaign, maybe with a carnival motif for every donar to get that particiaptes.
[2017/09/03 11:46] Caro Fayray: we can spread the word to creators too...asking them to contribute gifts
[2017/09/03 11:46] albertlr Landar: They can then wear it if they wish to show they have contributed.
[2017/09/03 11:46] albertlr Landar: yes, please do.
[2017/09/03 11:46] Koni Lanzius: we also need a old timey carny poster once we have the event set up
[2017/09/03 11:46] Caro Fayray: that would be nearerthe time yes
[2017/09/03 11:46] albertlr Landar: And give the creators our match@orgrid.org email if they wish to contribute a premium or original item to the campaign.
[2017/09/03 11:47] Caro Fayray: ok yes albert
[2017/09/03 11:47] Thirza Ember: hi all
[2017/09/03 11:47] Arrwyll Barzane: hi Thirza
[2017/09/03 11:47] Caro Fayray: hi thirza
[2017/09/03 11:47] Aussie Envee: Hi Thirza
[2017/09/03 11:47] albertlr Landar: Now I will be around the events but will be busy updating totals etc.
[2017/09/03 11:47] albertlr Landar: So I do need everyone here working on their part as much as they can.
[2017/09/03 11:48] paela argus: peoples want see event in calendar or in event page flyer can send me info on my mail in contact on the website
[2017/09/03 11:48] Caro Fayray: maybe could be arranged to havean admin present all the way thru?
[2017/09/03 11:48] Arrwyll Barzane: i may have missed it, but is the campaign ongoing, never-ending, ever-lasting?
For now we will probably limit this campaign from now until Oct. 1st. We always need support but don't want to burden people nagging them all the time for donations. Our donation page is always open to those that can and want to donate. And we try to put reminders around the grid for new comers also. But word of mouth from one user to another is really the best way to get the message about this campaign and our on going need for people to support the Grid.
[2017/09/03 11:48] Caro Fayray: a w/e long party?
[2017/09/03 11:49] albertlr Landar: And once we can determine which DJ's can participate starting September 29th we can give times.
[2017/09/03 11:49] Caro Fayray: ah ok
[2017/09/03 11:49] albertlr Landar: We can go all weekend if we get people to help us.
[2017/09/03 11:49] Wizard Atazoth: I have a dunk tank we can use in the carnival to try and dunk people in water for donations. lol
[2017/09/03 11:49] Koni Lanzius: so Caro we can set Sept 29th as the opening day of the carnival, eh?
Yes
[2017/09/03 11:49] Caro Fayray: lol wiz
[2017/09/03 11:49] Thirza Ember: sorry i came in late, but I'd be glad to use our HG Safari pages and groups to help promote the event
[2017/09/03 11:49] Caro Fayray: yes
[2017/09/03 11:49] Caro Fayray: that friday
[2017/09/03 11:49] albertlr Landar: Sounds like an excellent idea Wisard.
[2017/09/03 11:49] Koni Lanzius: yay Wizzy!
[2017/09/03 11:49] albertlr Landar: Wizard.
[2017/09/03 11:50] Koni Lanzius: we need more Carny activities too
[2017/09/03 11:50] Wizard Atazoth: awesome
[2017/09/03 11:50] albertlr Landar: well we will post this chat afterward in the forums announcements for anyone that came late of missed it.
[2017/09/03 11:50] Cilla Teebrook: Kissing booth... she whispers
[2017/09/03 11:50] Koni Lanzius: hehe yea!!!
[2017/09/03 11:50] albertlr Landar: Koni and Caro are charing a committee to handle the carnaval things.
[2017/09/03 11:50] Wizard Atazoth: i can help with the decor to or whatever else may be needed
[2017/09/03 11:51] Koni Lanzius: awesomes
[2017/09/03 11:51] albertlr Landar: And Aussie will handle the DJ for the events.
[2017/09/03 11:51] stiofain mactomais: how about doing that weeks safari in osgrid thirza?
[2017/09/03 11:51] Caro Fayray: could use my fireball walking but not sure how u would raise money onthat
[2017/09/03 11:51] Danger Lytton: i volunteer azi to build stuff
[2017/09/03 11:51] Arrwyll Barzane: loll danger
[2017/09/03 11:51] Caro Fayray: dont forgetto tell her:)
[2017/09/03 11:51] Danger Lytton: shes getting coffee
[2017/09/03 11:51] Koni Lanzius: yea we will have to brainstorm how to get donations form the activities
[2017/09/03 11:51] Danger Lytton: ill tell her when she gets back
[2017/09/03 11:52] albertlr Landar: well you can always bring up things at the Saturday Q&A each week till then.
[2017/09/03 11:52] Thirza Ember: if you're doing the big event on the weekend, I can do the safari the wed after, so we don't steal your thunder, yet give you a sort of afterburn to the fundraiser
[2017/09/03 11:52] albertlr Landar: to get new ideas.
[2017/09/03 11:52] stiofain mactomais: cool thirza
[2017/09/03 11:53] Thirza Ember: so the plan is for 29/30 september?
Yes, and Oct. 1st if we can schedule something then.
[2017/09/03 11:53] Danger Lytton: azi is laughing
[2017/09/03 11:53] Thirza Ember: or did I misread
[2017/09/03 11:53] Caro Fayray: hahadanger
[2017/09/03 11:54] albertlr Landar: We may want to set up a way that someone can click a sign to send an email to either match@osgrid.org and/or pledge@osgrid.org
[2017/09/03 11:54] Arrwyll Barzane: azi is always laughing ... :)
[2017/09/03 11:54] Koni Lanzius: hehehe
[2017/09/03 11:54] Caro Fayray: thats a good ideaalbert
[2017/09/03 11:54] stiofain mactomais: so we have friday djs sunday live show danger and aziz on tues and safari on wed?
[2017/09/03 11:54] Caro Fayray: for making donations or pledges for activities
[2017/09/03 11:54] albertlr Landar: especially during the events
[2017/09/03 11:54] albertlr Landar: yes
[2017/09/03 11:54] Arrwyll Barzane: long dance parties on every wed here
[2017/09/03 11:55] albertlr Landar: sign for match would say for matches to pledges or premium donations to the campaign.
[2017/09/03 11:55] albertlr Landar: Other would say To make a pledge of support to OSgrid for Carnival Fundraiser.
[2017/09/03 11:56] albertlr Landar: Maybe make up a note card with proper info.
[2017/09/03 11:56] albertlr Landar: to be sent.
[2017/09/03 11:57] Thirza Ember: ok count me in for an HG Safari on October 4th as a special for the osgrid fundraiser
[2017/09/03 11:57] Arrwyll Barzane: hello Foxy
[2017/09/03 11:57] LaNani Sundara: hi Foxy :D
[2017/09/03 11:58] Caro Fayray: cool thirza
[2017/09/03 11:58] FoXyLibra Rose: HI LA NANI
[2017/09/03 11:58] FoXyLibra Rose: :D
[2017/09/03 11:58] FoXyLibra Rose: I NEVER SEE HERE KIND OF MONSTER OUTFIT LOLZ
[2017/09/03 11:58] Arrwyll Barzane: what about the Wednesday Party at Events Plaza - one will suffer
[2017/09/03 11:59] Caro Fayray: i dont think so arr
[2017/09/03 11:59] Caro Fayray: they have adiffernt set of ppl who do them
[2017/09/03 11:59] Thirza Ember: over the past years, this has not yet happened
[2017/09/03 11:59] stiofain mactomais: safari could make wed party one of the stops?
[2017/09/03 11:59] Arrwyll Barzane: ok
[2017/09/03 11:59] Caro Fayray: and attend them
[2017/09/03 11:59] Caro Fayray: andsafari isearlier
[2017/09/03 12:00] Arrwyll Barzane: just didnt want to see us working counter to one another, is all
The main Carnival Campaign will just be the weekend of Friday Sept 29th to Sunday Oct.1st. So it should not conflict with any other events during the following week. We would still have some things up if some visitors or others wish to donate to our campaign. But most things will have been shut down by then.
[2017/09/03 12:00] LaNani Sundara: hi Foxy dear :)
[2017/09/03 12:00] stiofain mactomais: yea arr
[2017/09/03 12:00] Thirza Ember: Arrwyll we have a long standing symbiotic relationship
[2017/09/03 12:00] FoXyLibra Rose: HI LaNani :d
[2017/09/03 12:00] FoXyLibra Rose: hugss
[2017/09/03 12:00] stiofain mactomais: so looks like 29 sept til oct 4 then?
[2017/09/03 12:00] Koni Lanzius: can we get an idea of where we can start building the Carnival attractions, and prim limits?
[2017/09/03 12:00] Arrwyll Barzane: flips throught the pages of dictionary....
[2017/09/03 12:01] Koni Lanzius: hehehe
[2017/09/03 12:01] Thirza Ember: lol i reccommend google
[2017/09/03 12:01] Arrwyll Barzane: Foxy - sit here
[2017/09/03 12:01] Koni Lanzius: okies
[2017/09/03 12:02] albertlr Landar: we can probably expect lots of people here for the carnival, so I would assume we have to be careful of scripts too.
[2017/09/03 12:02] LaNani Sundara: you can right click on the chair dear
[2017/09/03 12:02] LaNani Sundara: and choose sit here
[2017/09/03 12:02] Arrwyll Barzane: sorta meant like on the chair Foxy
[2017/09/03 12:02] Caro Fayray: maybe he can give us newton to work on for it?
[2017/09/03 12:02] Thirza Ember: ooo the charis just rezzed at last
[2017/09/03 12:02] albertlr Landar: well I see the Birthday regions are still up maybe when then are down later one of them could be used.
[2017/09/03 12:03] albertlr Landar: Actually isn't the Fifth one empty?
[2017/09/03 12:03] stiofain mactomais: so carnival cud be saturday albert?
Yes, if any DJ wishes to participate then also
[2017/09/03 12:03] albertlr Landar: yea, we just don't want to conflict with anything already planned.
[2017/09/03 12:04] Koni Lanzius: yea i think the fifth one is empty
[2017/09/03 12:04] LaNani Sundara: did the birthday events have any effect on monthly donations? just wondering
[2017/09/03 12:04] albertlr Landar: well yea we had a small increase in donations per month.
[2017/09/03 12:04] LaNani Sundara: :) glad to hear that
[2017/09/03 12:04] FoXyLibra Rose: next month my birthday oct 1 lolz
[2017/09/03 12:04] paela argus: same for me foxy
[2017/09/03 12:04] albertlr Landar: I have not had a chance to analyze August yet, but will give a report at next Sat. Q&A
[2017/09/03 12:05] FoXyLibra Rose: ""d
[2017/09/03 12:05] albertlr Landar: Paypal is slow to do their monthly reports.
[2017/09/03 12:05] Caro Fayray: so long as u get them finally
[2017/09/03 12:05] albertlr Landar: yea, I am still waiting for them to fix a few things with our set up.
[2017/09/03 12:06] albertlr Landar: just have to keep fingers crossed until they get around to us.
[2017/09/03 12:06] LaNani Sundara: they take what? 10%?
[2017/09/03 12:06] albertlr Landar: no 2.9%
[2017/09/03 12:06] LaNani Sundara: o ok
[2017/09/03 12:06] albertlr Landar: but we want to lower that to 2.2%
[2017/09/03 12:06] albertlr Landar: which they give to non-profits.
[2017/09/03 12:07] Caro Fayray: so should be us too
[2017/09/03 12:07] albertlr Landar: but they have a mysterious email you have to deal with in order to get their attention on that, just got it this past week.
[2017/09/03 12:08] Azi Az: hello everyone :)))
[2017/09/03 12:08] Koni Lanzius: hi Azi
[2017/09/03 12:08] Caro Fayray: hey azi:)
[2017/09/03 12:08] albertlr Landar: so we are doing everything we can to cut costs now, and also try to raise more funds to cover all expenses and have back up funds in an emergency.
[2017/09/03 12:08] LaNani Sundara: hi Azi
[2017/09/03 12:08] Caro Fayray: sounds good albert
[2017/09/03 12:08] LaNani Sundara: .•*♫ ♬ APPlAUSE! ♬♫ *•.
[2017/09/03 12:09] albertlr Landar: and with paela's dependable help you will see our very good website become one of the best in all the grids soon.
[2017/09/03 12:09] Koni Lanzius: yay, Paela!
[2017/09/03 12:09] Caro Fayray: it already looks great
[2017/09/03 12:09] Caro Fayray: and more to come
[2017/09/03 12:09] Danger Lytton: i agree - looking very good
[2017/09/03 12:09] albertlr Landar: well thanks for coming and your continued support.
[2017/09/03 12:10] Danger Lytton: thanks for the news Albert
[2017/09/03 12:10] George Equus: ╔══════════╗
[2017/09/03 12:10] George Equus: ║ APPLAUSE!! ║
[2017/09/03 12:10] George Equus: ╚══════════╝
[2017/09/03 12:10] Jim Jackson: thank you albert
[2017/09/03 12:10] LaNani Sundara: .•*♫ ♬ APPlAUSE! ♬♫ *•.
[2017/09/03 12:10] Caro Fayray: ty albert for all your work too
[2017/09/03 12:10] stiofain mactomais: was a useful meet
[2017/09/03 12:10] Koni Lanzius: ~** APPLAUSE **~
[2017/09/03 12:10] Koni Lanzius: YAY Albert!
[2017/09/03 12:10] Jim Jackson: you gonna share those ribs albert?
[2017/09/03 12:11] albertlr Landar: I wish I could, I can't eat them myself, and my nephew has lots left over.
[2017/09/03 12:11] Koni Lanzius: mmmmmmmm ribses
[2017/09/03 12:11] albertlr Landar: As well as very large BBQ chicken breasts.
[2017/09/03 12:11] FoXyLibra Rose: i love to eat steak and fry fries
[2017/09/03 12:11] LaNani Sundara: hi Garykins <3
[2017/09/03 12:11] Caro Fayray: well i have to go eat some pulled pork now
[2017/09/03 12:11] Gary Monsterous: Hii :D <3 nanikins
[2017/09/03 12:11] Caro Fayray: ty albert
[2017/09/03 12:12] Gary Monsterous: Hii ALL
[2017/09/03 12:12] albertlr Landar: And Corn on the Cob, Cole Slaw and Potato Salad
[2017/09/03 12:12] Arrwyll Barzane: hey Gar
[2017/09/03 12:12] LaNani Sundara: ty Albert
[2017/09/03 12:12] Arrwyll Barzane: see ya Caro
[2017/09/03 12:12] albertlr Landar: Eathing that all this week.
[2017/09/03 12:12] Jim Jackson: no baked beans?
[2017/09/03 12:12] Wizard Atazoth: yall are making me hungry
[2017/09/03 12:12] Caro Fayray: bye all see u later
[2017/09/03 12:12] Gary Monsterous: Hii Arr
[2017/09/03 12:12] albertlr Landar: So Bye everyone thanks for everything.
[2017/09/03 12:12] Koni Lanzius: yum
[2017/09/03 12:12] Arrwyll Barzane: take care albert
[2017/09/03 12:12] LaNani Sundara: byebye
[2017/09/03 12:12] Danger Lytton: bye bye albert
[2017/09/03 12:12] Jo.Pearl @u4ria.dnsrd.com:8002: bye caro
[2017/09/03 12:12] sarah kline: byes
[2017/09/03 12:12] Arrwyll Barzane: so long everyone
[2017/09/03 12:12] Caro Fayray is Offline
[2017/09/03 12:13] Jo.Pearl @u4ria.dnsrd.com:8002: thx for letting me sit in people.
[2017/09/03 12:13] Wizard Atazoth: ^_^
[2017/09/03 12:13] Jo.Pearl @u4ria.dnsrd.com:8002: good luck and good night. :)
[2017/09/03 12:13] Peter Barlow: bye everyone
[2017/09/03 12:13] albertlr Landar: I will have this chat in the forums shortly.
[2017/09/03 12:13] sarah kline is Offline
[2017/09/03 12:13] stiofain mactomais: i gotta go get ready for live show we have casias playing blues and originals at 2 pm then joel elide with a more rocky set after him at 3 in "maritime club belfast " region tonite all welcome
[2017/09/03 12:14] Koni Lanzius: cool, Stio!
[2017/09/03 12:14] Danger Lytton: bye stio
[2017/09/03 12:14] George Equus: cu there
[2017/09/03 12:15] Koni Lanzius: bye everyone
[2017/09/03 12:15] Gary Monsterous: bye koni


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net