Change font size
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:30 am

Forum rules

This forum is where you may advertise your regions, parcels, oars, objects, assets etc for sale, rent or for free. If you have something you want to advertise to the residents, here is where you should do it.

Notes:
All posts are pruned after 30 days, so if you want your post to stay, you must re-post after your old post has been prunes.
Absolutely NO bumping of posts. Any found to be bumped are liable to be removed. There is the 30-day pruning, so you post may be on top once every 30 days.
Only one post per classified. Posting multiple posts about object A, B, and C in one 'store' is not permitted. Please keep multiple items about one place on one post.
Please try and make clear who to contact, and how, or the whereabouts of the object/asset in-world.
OSgrid Inc has no connection to these classifieds, unless stated. These classifieds are for the residents, by the residents.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: X-Avatar - adult verification
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:02 pm 
Furious Typer

Hi

as demand for adult verification is growing, I have continued the work on my X-Avatar project. X-Avatar offers an easy method for adult verification usable for adult regions and also scripted objects e.g. vendors or toys.

available Verifications
the list of Verification can be found here: http://www.x-avatar.de/verify.php
  • SL Adult verification via linked avatars
  • RL verification using postident (still to come soon)

Adultcheck examples
ready to use examples can be found here: http://www.x-avatar.de/example.php
  • Adultregions using the AuthorizationService modul of OpenSim will deny access to anyone not verified
  • lsl scripts e.g. vendors to check if someone is allowed to access your services.
  • http url e.g. for webservices

The advantage of X-Avatar is, that it works in any grid, so instead of needing a verification for each provider, you have a 1 time validation without extra costs. Once OpenSim gives the needed tools for a gridservice we will created aditional pluggins to also offer a simple grid validation.

So if your wondering if it works, then try to visit our Adult Sandbox listed in the Regionlist here: http://www.x-avatar.de/region.php?grid=OSgrid

If you have any question, contact Michelle Argus inworld.

Cya

Post subject: Re: X-Avatar - adult verification
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:08 pm 
OSG Elite

Great Work!!!.. When can we have the ability to do this on OSgrid? We would absolutely be interested in implementing something like this.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:37 am 
OSG Elite

I am excited;-) We're going to implement it once the non LL age verification will be possible.

I just wonder what will be he charges to the sim owners later. Will it be a kind of cheap subscription or will you charge the verified persons?

Cheers, Bo

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:16 am 
Furious Typer

Hi

What I forgot to mention is, that this also workes for hypergrid as its a centralized system.

Walter Balazic {L_WROTE}:
Great Work!!!.. When can we have the ability to do this on OSgrid? We would absolutely be interested in implementing something like this.

Its already working in OSgrid ;) You can try visiting the region "Adult Sandbox" in osgrid and you will notice that your not getting access unless you have varified your adult status in SL.

One can also already set the acces to the max RL verification. For now we will only check the SL verification, but its better than nothing for now and you do not need to change anything later then.

Good question Bo, I would actualy rather have this project running free and collect fees for advertising regions or collect donations. Why advertising? Well, members that use the service also want to find inwold regions with whatever services there are.

But, as we will be using Postident for the RL verification, there will be a fee for that RL verification. Currently only UPS offers postdelivery with agecheck worldwide. The price for that range between 10 € up to over 200€ depending on what country the letter is beeing delivered to. 200€ is obviously expensive, so I will be looking for people living in other countrys to send the post directly from there. Example, sending the post from germany to USA cost +- 150 €, sending the same post from within USA instead cost +- 15USD. So we will need a network of people worldwide.

The SL verification will stay free

There is also thought of implementing creditcard verification. Its way cheaper than post ident, but its unsafe as every child can use the credit card from the parents. The verification via creditcard also does not meet internation laws, eventhough its recognized by most countrys. Another problem here is, finding the right creditcard service for this, but thats more a technical issue.

Well, its not easy, but we will find ways to solve those problems.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:40 am 
OSG Elite

Well to become Paypal verified you need get access to the account statement. I think that might be a problem with stolen ccard credentials. See
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... ed-outside

I think for the age verification matters country of the sim owner. Therefore have 2 levels of check (paypal/SL) could maybe work fine. Anyone having the SL ID would have automatically the "Paypal" level too...

Cheers, Bo ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:31 am 
Furious Typer

The Paypal method also came to mind already. There are many other options that i still need to go through. One also must not forget that other countries tend to have their favorite type and I dont want to limit the options just because something is more in favour but rather offer alternative methods. On the other hand i also can implement every single possible methos...

Paypal would be a relatively easy method to implement though...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:12 am 
Furious Typer

Ok, I implemented a paypal verification. As this service means some manual work, this service costs 1 Euro. After paying this via paypal one receives 1 Eurocent back and a 8 digit code in the Transactiondata. This code one enters on the Website again to confirm the varification.

As there is no 100% guarantee that the paypal account isnt beeing misued by children using the parents account, the varification using Paypal has the same accesscontrol as a SL-verified member.

The RL-verified member will still be the safest Method for those that need absolute a 100% safe verification.

The ageverification can be done on the following page: http://www.x-avatar.de/verify.php

Thx Bo for speeding this implementation up ;)

Michelle Argus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:31 am 
OSG Elite

Thanks Michelle.

To be frank in Czech republic is Paypal more safe method than Linden age verification. The law enforced public business register which contain about every company co-owner and CEO address, date of birth and personal number. You will wonder but there is no problem to get age verified using one of the thousands personal data sets provided on that public page :o

But well, by using your system you did "all possible steps to prevent minors access adult content" and it works perfectly for every sim owner :)

Cheers, Bo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:57 am 

Sorry, but my TOTALLY fictional avatar has been "age verified" by every one of these systems.

My avatar was "born" in 2007, has 2 credit cards, a valid PayPal account, AND a US FICO score higher than my RL one!

FWIW there is even a website that details how to "spoof" these "verifications" as they come up.

If this is meant as some sort of "feelgood" token for law enforcement and "white knights" then it works just fine, if you really want to keep kids out of "adult" stuff it is a total failure!

My GRANDCHILD (6YO) was able to defeat it without any coaching from me - well she does have an IQ of 195 :-)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:12 am 
Furious Typer

Karen, that any ageverification using a paymentsystem or ID number can be misused is well known to everyone, as you say its a "feelgood" method. But that is why a RL verification using postident is in work. In that case your grandchild would have no way of passing that varification, cause the post only gets delivered to the person adressed to with a valid Identitydocument if they are an Adult in that country/state. The only way to trick out postident is using a fake ID document, sothe RL verification is a "feelbetter" method.

Still, I rather have a feelgood that stops many minors than nothing.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next