Change font size
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:29 am

Forum rules

General Discussion of viewers, this section is not intended for technical support of viewer bugs, but more a general area for Viewer discussion and announcements for all users and third party viewer teams.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 50 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Kokua Viewer Project
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:33 pm 

The past couple of months the Kokua viewer project has been working on Kokua from the SL viewer 3.3 code base presently, from viewer-development 3.3.1. We have provided experimental builds and would like a wider audience for testing.

Please review our Best Practices wiki document for testing tips.
http://wiki.kokuaviewer.org/wiki/Best_P ... al_Viewers

The Linux 64 build seems the most complete and stable when used on Opensim Grids.

The viewers, with the exception of mac, provide an open source mesh upload that is slightly enhanced for speed. The code was ported from Firestorm and then modified.

The windows version spams info messages and the messages appear related to content on Opensim grids. This needs to be tested with comparison between Opensim and Second Life grids. Then, the teams can determine through collaboration whether a specific issue is best solved in the server or viewer.

The downloads are available through our wiki:
http://wiki.kokuaviewer.org/w/index.php ... .3.1_Alpha

Bug reports may be filed here: http://redmine.kokuaviewer.org/projects/kokua

If the bug is for differing behavior between secondlife and opensim then file additionally at
http://opensimulator.org/mantis/my_view_page.php
preferably with a link between mantis and redmine.

Kokua viewer project thanks in advance all who try our viewers. We do not, at present, have a enough volunteers to actively respond to forum entries in a timely manner. Bugs mentioned during our weekly kokua-dev meetup will generally get a gentle nudge up in priority and for simple changes like defaults be pushed to an experimental build as soon as possible.

The kokua-dev meetups are held every Wednesday at 20:00 UTC (12:00 PM PST / 1:00 PM PDT) on 3rd Rock Grid , Hoagie region (190, 165, 28). If this is an inconvenient day, we also meet the third Sunday of the month at the same place and time.

Post subject: Re: Kokua Viewer Project
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:47 am 
OSG Elite

Hi Nicky
Good to see you here, btw how do you get 156 views in one day??

whats the difference between Kokua and Imprudence?

As soon as the links are back up I will test run the viewer.
Cam

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:35 am 
Cam Chevalier {L_WROTE}:

whats the difference between Kokua and Imprudence?
I'm not Nicky but I can answer that:
Imprudence is the 1.x-based viewer
Kokua is their 3.x-based viewer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:08 am 
Furious Typer

I've been giving it a whirl the last couple of nights. Limited time because of workload, but just the little I've used it I have to say it's pretty nifty. I like the 'docking' toolbars / action bars that are still small and out of the way enough to not be annoying.

Nice overall interface and feel to it. The little I've used it on OSGrid I haven't had any crashes.

Like it. I'll be sure to hit the bug reports as / if I find them :)

Thanks,
- Hap

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:37 am 

I have upload new versions that have opensim-limits. Example, prim sizes greater than 64 meters.

http://wiki.kokuaviewer.org/w/index.php ... .3.1_Alpha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:46 pm 
Furious Typer

I'll try the other versions you posted, but just on a side-note. I now suddenly have the old infamous 'cloud' issue where my avatar never loads. Even restarted my region, TP'ed elsewhere, rebaked, swapped outfits around, etc. No joy. Very weird. Then again - this is opensim :D

Take care - Hap

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:52 am 

Haplo Voss {L_WROTE}:
I'll try the other versions you posted, but just on a side-note. I now suddenly have the old infamous 'cloud' issue where my avatar never loads. Even restarted my region, TP'ed elsewhere, rebaked, swapped outfits around, etc. No joy. Very weird. Then again - this is opensim :D

Take care - Hap

Hap,

I have noticed some cloud issues when switching viewer types especially, viewer 1 to viewer 3 type code. Usually, a clearing of user settings, I know that is a PITA, helps.

Nicky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:52 pm 

Nicky Perian {L_WROTE}:
Haplo Voss {L_WROTE}:

Take care - Hap

Hap,

I have noticed some cloud issues when switching viewer types especially, viewer 1 to viewer 3 type code. Usually, a clearing of user settings, I know that is a PITA, helps.

Nicky

If your willing to set a debug setting it may correct the ghost/cloud problem.

The setting is UseHTTPInventory. Try changing it to false.

Thanks,
Nicky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

the latest Linux release is missing /Kokua-3.3.1-Beta_1-Linux32/lib/libminizip.so

I lifted a copy of libminizip.so from my Phoenix Firestorm install folder and got Kokua running.

Kokua has the same annoyance as Phoenix in OSGrid, when I click on a plaza link in the opening splash screen it falls back to Second Life.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:06 pm 

Key Gruin {L_WROTE}:
the latest Linux release is missing /Kokua-3.3.1-Beta_1-Linux32/lib/libminizip.so

I lifted a copy of libminizip.so from my Phoenix Firestorm install folder and got Kokua running.

Kokua has the same annoyance as Phoenix in OSGrid, when I click on a plaza link in the opening splash screen it falls back to Second Life.

libminizip.so is now included

I'll have to take a look a the link problem.

So happy to have 32 bit test run. I haven't a 32 bit linux box and testing in a Vbox leaves out good video drivers. Or, at least I haven't been able have good behavior in a Vbox.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 50 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next