Change font size
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:16 am

Forum rules

General Discussion of viewers, this section is not intended for technical support of viewer bugs, but more a general area for Viewer discussion and announcements for all users and third party viewer teams.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 50 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kokua Viewer Project
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:33 pm 
OSG Elite

I have the same behaviour using the Windows version of new Kokua GM.
Clicking a plaza link in the OSGrid splash screen results in the viewer immediately resetting the grid to SL for log in.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:20 am 

Key Gruin {L_WROTE}:
the latest Linux release is missing /Kokua-3.3.1-Beta_1-Linux32/lib/libminizip.so

I lifted a copy of libminizip.so from my Phoenix Firestorm install folder and got Kokua running.

Kokua has the same annoyance as Phoenix in OSGrid, when I click on a plaza link in the opening splash screen it falls back to Second Life.

{L_CODE}:
http://www.osgrid.org/splash/?lang=en&channel=Kokua&version=3.3.1.22989&grid=OSGrid&os=Linux%202.6

If I bring this page up in my web browser and hover over the different plaza's the link is
{L_CODE}:
secondlife://Sandbox Plaza

Is the html correct? Looks like it is missing the grid part of the address.

The viewer looks first at secondlife cannot find the region on secondlife and defaults to secondlife login page.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 am 
Site Admin

{L_QUOTE}:

The viewer looks first at secondlife cannot find the region on secondlife and defaults to secondlife login page.

I don't know what's up with that, the links have always worked fine in V1 viewers, or at least Imprudence and Astra. Teapot is the only V3 without that issue as far as I know. I haven't been on a stock SL viewer in eons but I seem to recall it also had the issue.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:32 pm 

Key Gruin {L_WROTE}:
{L_QUOTE}:

I don't know what's up with that, the links have always worked fine in V1 viewers, or at least Imprudence and Astra. Teapot is the only V3 without that issue as far as I know. I haven't been on a stock SL viewer in eons but I seem to recall it also had the issue.

I just need to look deeper. It just looked odd to me but, I haven't worked that area of code much.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:52 pm 

A sequence a kokua viewer downloads are available here:.
https://bitbucket.org/NickyP/kokua-dev/downloads

Current is at the top of the list.

Linden Lab's upgrade to viewer-beta 3.3.3_Beta3 (now in viewer-release)
presented problems for kokua.

Late last year upstream HACD put as an option OPenMP functionally.
OPenMP is used to speed up for loop processing by spreading the for loop
machine code instructions across available threads. This was, theoretically, a
way to speed mesh processing at the lowest level.

If this worked out I had thoughts of using OPenMP in the main viewer code.

All appeared to be fine until upstream 3.3.3 was but in place.
Kokua started crashing at mesh model file select if that mesh file had
not been uploaded before. Additionally, linux 64 builds using apr library
version 1.45 had compatibility problems with the old GLOD library and crashed
with a segmentation fault in libglod.so.

OPenMP use has been removed from the Mesh-Upload-Fix binaries.

Please test and provide feedback.

Thanks,

Nicky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:57 pm 

http://wiki.kokuaviewer.org/wiki/Kokua:Release_Notes/3.3.4.23783

Kokua 3.3.4 is available for download. Download links are in the release notes.

Key Gruin {L_WROTE}:
the latest Linux release is missing /Kokua-3.3.1-Beta_1-Linux32/lib/libminizip.so

I lifted a copy of libminizip.so from my Phoenix Firestorm install folder and got Kokua running.

Kokua has the same annoyance as Phoenix in OSGrid, when I click on a plaza link in the opening splash screen it falls back to Second Life.

Annoyance is solved. "I think"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:52 am 
Site Admin

Yes, it works exactly as it should, thanks!

Sorry, now I have another annoyance to report, I have no clue how easy or hard it would be to change.
On all third party viewers and pretty much all V1 viewers we are able to mouse-steer our avatar. That is, hold the left-mouse-button down on the avatar and steer it while using the arrow keys to move forward or backward. Kokua follows the stock SL viewer action by rotating the land instead of the avatar.

I have gotten so used to mouse-steering the avatar that I cannot use any viewer that doesn't allow it. I have only been using the stock SL viewer for mesh uploading.

Mouse steer gives a much more natural motion for walking and other movements. I don't think it is available by changing a setting in Prefs, at least I haven't found anything.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:36 am 
Furious Typer

If memory serves, Key, there should be a 'View' button at the bottom of the screen. On the small window that comes up you will find a mouse icon on the middle right.

You should be able to pan forward with your mouse scroll, passing your character's visual, to force mouse view too.

- Nova

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Nova, if you are referring to the Walk/Run/Fly floater, that does have similar functionality to the mouse steer method I like to use but it's quite touchy. I tend to easily oversteer with it. Early on in my virtual world experience, I decided to stop using those floaters as they block a bit of the view on my screen and using just the mouse and arrow keys seemed more user-friendly and efficient.

If you haven't before, try this - click and hold the left mouse button on your avatar and move the mouse around. To me, it gives a more natural motion when walking, especially when maneuvering in a tight path. If you draw your mouse back to give an overhead view while walking, your avatar goes into slow motion and you can walk a tight path around another avatar or a prim for example, with precise control. Pretty cool!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:37 pm 

Key Gruin {L_WROTE}:
Yes, it works exactly as it should, thanks!

Sorry, now I have another annoyance to report, I have no clue how easy or hard it would be to change.
On all third party viewers and pretty much all V1 viewers we are able to mouse-steer our avatar. That is, hold the left-mouse-button down on the avatar and steer it while using the arrow keys to move forward or backward. Kokua follows the stock SL viewer action by rotating the land instead of the avatar.

I have gotten so used to mouse-steering the avatar that I cannot use any viewer that doesn't allow it. I have only been using the stock SL viewer for mesh uploading.

Mouse steer gives a much more natural motion for walking and other movements. I don't think it is available by changing a setting in Prefs, at least I haven't found anything.

http://forums.kokuaviewer.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13352#p40234

It is an upstream issue that can be worked around with setting the move and view one click drop down to no action.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 50 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next