Change font size
It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:04 am

Forum rules

General Discussion of viewers, this section is not intended for technical support of viewer bugs, but more a general area for Viewer discussion and announcements for all users and third party viewer teams.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: OpenSim Features & Compatibility for Viewers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:44 am 

Most viewers have made major updates in the last couple of days (due to SL's SSB roll-out) and I've noticed a number of changes they've made that directly affect usability for Opensim:

- Firestorm and Kokua now both have scripting hovertips for OSSL functions (tested to confirm this is working)

- Firestorm now supports the expanded prim limits (size 0.001-256), hollow 99% (tested to confirm this is working). Haven't yet tested to see whether I can manually position a prim in the non-root region of a mega but I expect this will also now be working.

-- Firestorm now also supports lightshare in addition to its tremendous windlight capabilities (haven't yet tested this) so if you like working with dynamic environmental effects it should now offer ridiculously good versatility (although the only people who will see these affects are other FS users)

- Firestorm added a number of other changes to their 4.4.0.33720 release that are specifically designed for Opensim users -- see http://www.firestormviewer.org/firestor ... 4-0-33720/

- Singluarity now supports the expanded prim limits as well (size, hollow)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:58 am 
OSG Elite

Aine,

Imprudence, Astra, Cool VL Viewer, Zen, Singularity ALL had OSSL + patches as provided by me and accredited to me. I also did the NOtepad++ & GeShI patches / add-ons for osFunctions, and for Aurora-Sim's aaFunctions, botFunctions etc and had done so since 2011. I have as of this spring ceased to do so because ... well you figure it out. They can all do whatever and continue to push people away from these projects and take on the extra workload that results to the detriment of everyone.

WhiteStar Magic.
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein -

Last edited by WhiteStar Magic on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:06 am 

I completely understand and sympathize with you, Whitestar. It's possible that some of the TVP that you mentioned have also implemented some of the changes but I haven't used or tested any of them so I didn't want to post information on anything I didn't have first hand experience with. I know that Imprudence had an update earlier this week and that CoolVL does almost weekly updates so perhaps someone who has used them can offer an update.

Frankly, the improvements made to FS now make it my personal favorite since it has all of the features that I want in a viewer so I anticipate using it now for everything, but of course other people have other preferences so I don't expect the "best viewer" debate to change anytime soon. :P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:14 am 
Furious Typer

Firestorm has also added/enabled additional graphics capabilities for the OS X (Mac) version, bringing them inline with the windows version. These include "Advanced Lighting Model" and "Ambient Occlusion".

A big thanks to them for that! Now my lighting looks correct on my Mac as well as in Windows.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:18 am 
Furious Typer

Aine Caolmhe {L_WROTE}:
Frankly, the improvements made to FS now make it my personal favorite since it has all of the features that I want in a viewer so I anticipate using it now for everything, but of course other people have other preferences so I don't expect the "best viewer" debate to change anytime soon. :P

Except you still have to have Imprudence lying around for XML imports :(

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:42 am 
Furious Typer

Singularity Viewer V 1.8

i dunno its a win 7 prob or a bug in this viewer
if someone can't hear media stream sounds with this viewer instal the QT player and the media stream sound works fine.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2